Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 5

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Boarhead checking in and hope you all have a great season. I believe we have one down already with bigten 05 congrats. Will get out some and the whole second week for sure and will hunt my cousins place in Perry county. Good luck guys!!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I'm here. Were on the board already I'll wait to post it in case I get a better one. I won't be able to get out until the first weekend. I'm hoping they stay where I've been seeing them.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I'm here. Were on the board already I'll wait to post it in case I get a better one. I won't be able to get out until the first weekend. I'm hoping they stay where I've been seeing them.

I'll get a harvest thread going soon. When I do, go ahead and post it up because you can "upgrade" later if fortunate.

lung buster

hocking county
I'm good with any name too. Heard several birds yesterday and heard a few on a different property today but they may have been unhuntable and off the place I have permission. Stopped by to check on a bird from yesterday and he was still hammering at 08:00. I believe that will be the one that my kids will try to kill this weekend. Gonna have a listen in the am! Can't wait to get my kids out!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good Luck if any of you make it out this weekend I am going to get out for a few hours this weekend and try and get a few mornings in next week depending on family matters with my mom having surgery Monday.

lung buster

hocking county
Been out 6 mornings, all have been with my kids. I did carry a gun weds after taking my son to school. All my effort will be with my kids for now. We have had a few close calls but neither have been able to pull the trigger. Maybe tomorrow....

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey guys my buddy wanted me to go with him this morning and I wasn't going to go as my moms surgery was scheduled for this afternoon but made it out with him and am glad I went as it took my mind away from thinking about that for a little while. It was a great morning and I was able to shoot one at 6:45 am and it was a 20 pounder and had 1 and 7/8 inch spurs but his beard was either frozen off this winter or mites did it but it there was only 4 inches left where it broke off but man was he a limb hanger. Good luck if you make it out

lung buster

hocking county
1-7/8" spurs? Holy cow! That's a whopper! Congrats.
I probably could of killed one the last 2 mornings but my son was the shooter and we were busted both days. Its been frustrating but fun times! Back to work tomorrow but I may have to use some vac if we get better weather later this week.
Still remembering your mother, boar!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks lung buster I just got done posting the story and hope you and the boys knock some down. Just started a weeks vacation today and when the weather breaks will go out with some friends and try and get them birds and they want me to get another tag but probably wont get a better bird than todays.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
im sure glad i got one in tennesse the way last weekend went was like soething ie never seen before. me and my buddy went out saturday too his place we sat down and three toms started gobbling we were less then 100 yards away i figured they would pitch down right too us. about 630 14 birds pitched down and flew right over top of us and went into the bean field, we waited a few minutes and snuck out into the field they were down at the bottom of the hill so we belly crawled all the way to the edge just as i sat up too draw my bow. a hen came up and busted us all the birds took off i drew my bow and let it fly at one of the toms i shot right behind him he was running at about 50 yards when i shot my buddy squeezed two shots off but we watched them take off to the next property. we went too his other farm with no luck, then my brother calls and says theres a buch of them on our farm so we head over there, we pull in and i see 3 strutters with some hens. we put a sneak on them got within 250 yards and sat down. i started calling and they wouldnt even look at me until i got the hens too come over then the next thing i know a bird gobbles from behind us so i turn around too watch that area. meanwhile getting play by play from everyone about whats going on behind me. my brother says here they come, holy shit theres birds everywhere. so i give off i few more calls and tell them too shoot them when they can, next thing i know all three off the guys start pulling the trigger i jump up to see 7 toms running away and nothing was dead. what the fugg.. they all jumped the gun and started shooting thru big ass bushes, i still cant beleave that happened so a total of ten shot fired satuday and no dead turkeys. my brother says he rolled the one he shot at but i think hes full of it.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
If weather isn't bad I've got 6 birds roosted tonight 200 yards from the house I'm gonna go try to get them early before work. The thunder had them going crazy. Just hope they could hang on to the trees with that storm that just came threw it was bad.