Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #6 - Big Rack Snatchers

2011-10-28_18-25-44_323.jpg2011-10-28_19-17-31_12.jpg

got another doe ill get contest pics tomorrow before the wife goes to work , i wasnt gonna turn her in for the contest but , any points are good points even if it is a small deer

Last edited:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Congrats on the doe Mark. Just curious I don't see an exit wound on the deer, and the picture of the arrow looks like a full pass through.

Heading out to meet up with Huck. Being he is in for the weekend I figured I would put him up in one of my stands in hopes he can close on his first archery kill. Good luck to anyone going out and be safe.

Congrats on the doe Mark. Just curious I don't see an exit wound on the deer, and the picture of the arrow looks like a full pass through.

Heading out to meet up with Huck. Being he is in for the weekend I figured I would put him up in one of my stands in hopes he can close on his first archery kill. Good luck to anyone going out and be safe.

had to wash her off before i stuck her in the trunk of the kia , wifes orders....lol . one of the perks of hunting at the inlaws i can hang em and spray em out before thier car ride home

enterd just behind the shoulder and came out behind the ribs on the opposite side , not a bad quartering shot , she didnt run more then 20 yards and piled up with in sight ,if i get this excited over little ones , im gonna have a heart attack when i get a bigger one or even a buck . she taught me a good lesson though if i would have passed on her i would have had a shot at a bigger doe that was following her , but because of the high weeds that she walked out of i didnt see the big doe still in the weeds

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well quick update it was a great morning with absolutely perfect weather for halloween weekend. saw a total of 12 deer. 1 buck, a button buck and 10 does. One of which is taking a dirt nap. You will have to find another thread to read about that though.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
This evening was a good evening in the woods, saw 5 does and a messed up buck chasing a doe all over gods creation. I'll get some pics up later, but it reminds me of the buck CJD got. Hope Sunday brings good things for ya guys.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Yeee Hawwww

Sorry for truck pics, Had to help a buddy look for a buck and had no one to take field photos...Rigor mortis had set in by the time I was able to get photos. She came in at 1755 and piddled around smelling my tree n such, finally walked into my lane at 1802. 7 yard shot.

Last edited:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Heading to "The Ridge". Should be a good morning. This is where I took Huck last weekend. If last weekend was any indicator it should be a great sit.

Good Luck and be safe.

Kaiser878

ohio
This is what I like to see. Team 6 the Big Rack SNatchers are putting on a clinic for the rest of the teams! With well over a 100 pt lead, we should probably start giving out some tips for everyone! ha I havent been in a tree stand but one time since I killed my buck on October 30th. Which typically isnt like me! Since duck season is a little different this year with the season dates it has changed the way I hunt after I shot my buck. I Will be out in a stand before long. I Will bowhunt more, but I am killing to many ducks rt now. I Will get my third and final deer for the contest. So just go ahead and chalk up another 5 pts for the big rack snatchers! :smiley_coolpeace:

Good luck to all of you still hunting for your bucks. Be patient and persistant....Dont give up.. giving up is for alcoholics. You cant kill bucks sitting on your couch or sleepnig in.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Put up 5 more points last night. Got a nice doe. Got to get to butchering her here soon. I will be getting 5 youth bonus points also this weekend. I have a young man from church going to join me Sat. Morning in the stand at The Ridge. I am hoping to get a closing shot of at that stud I have been seeing down there.