Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 6 - fuggDaveAndChad

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Sorry guys I haven't been posting more but I'm all caught up now. Have had two of my shooter in the daylight on camera but still waiting for them in the stand to show up. Passed a lot so far waiting. Tonight was kinda nuts I had 5 button bucks show in one group. Never had that happen lol. Anyway here's the number one (on the right) I'm after and he's split with the buck I shot last year (on the left) in the photo. I love tall tines!

Just an FYI I got my father permission to hunt this property and he's coming up next weekend for the next few so I'm really hoping he shoots this deer. My goal is to get him the biggest buck he's ever shot. Wish us luck boys and I'll keep you guys posted.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sorry guys I haven't been posting more but I'm all caught up now. Have had two of my shooter in the daylight on camera but still waiting for them in the stand to show up. Passed a lot so far waiting. Tonight was kinda nuts I had 5 button bucks show in one group. Never had that happen lol. Anyway here's the number one (on the right) I'm after and he's split with the buck I shot last year (on the left) in the photo. I love tall tines!

Just an FYI I got my father permission to hunt this property and he's coming up next weekend for the next few so I'm really hoping he shoots this deer. My goal is to get him the biggest buck he's ever shot. Wish us luck boys and I'll keep you guys posted.

Nick, hope your plan works out like you planned....

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I'm going with some buddy's to push a place where they say there's some good ones. With my luck I won't even see a tail. Congrats to all of you that have had success

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Sat til 9:30 without seeing anything. Using the wind to my advantage, I still hunted the whole property the next 2 hours without bumping up a single deer. As I was loading up to leave, the landowne pulled up and let me know he ran the same group of trespassers off the property two days in a row. Fuggers

Last edited:

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
as an overall our gun week wasnt very good at all, we got my cousin her first deer and that made it worth it, we did some drives and jumped a few bug bucks but it always seemed like somebody had an excuse on why they didnt shoot i love gun hunting we do it as a family and its what started the passion in me but year after year i end up playing guide in putting people in spots and organizing drives it burns me out. i usually walk when we do the drives because i would rather see my family or friends kill a big one. at the end of the week i felt wore down mentally more than physically and ive decided to hunt for myself and try to make it fun for me again so the rest of the year im gonna concentrate on just 2 farms that i know have good deer around and try to get it done. congrats j on your buck. good luck too everyone else thats still out there too.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
as an overall our gun week wasnt very good at all, we got my cousin her first deer and that made it worth it, we did some drives and jumped a few bug bucks but it always seemed like somebody had an excuse on why they didnt shoot i love gun hunting we do it as a family and its what started the passion in me but year after year i end up playing guide in putting people in spots and organizing drives it burns me out. i usually walk when we do the drives because i would rather see my family or friends kill a big one. at the end of the week i felt wore down mentally more than physically and ive decided to hunt for myself and try to make it fun for me again so the rest of the year im gonna concentrate on just 2 farms that i know have good deer around and try to get it done. congrats j on your buck. good luck too everyone else thats still out there too.

This scenario describes my situation to a T. But a few of my buddies and I play guide to our family members. We all take turns between pushing and sitting, but I end up pushing more often than not. Basically cuz some of our pushes are more about timing and precision to get the deer going the way we want. If Im sitting, alot of the time it ends up fucked up. I have fun for the most part but I hate and get riled up when someone isnt where they should be because they thought they knew better and deer slip through. I will be out doing the same old thing this weekend. Should be 6-8 of us. I'm still holding out for a big buck. I may take another Doe, preferably a younger one.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good luck guys, OhioSam and I will be hitting the orchard for some drives tomorrow as well.... Stay safe and dry....

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Had a good weekend with a couple buddy's and my family members. Between 8 of us we killed 5 deer and seen around 100 or so different deer. Had a friend that just started hunting last year, get his first buck yesterday. Smoked him at 100 yards while the deer fed to him before we even started pushing. Never gets old seeing someone grinning ear to ear after killing their first buck. My nephew in law's dad got a smaller buck yesterday too. He was excited as hell as he's been battling health issues for 5 years and hasnt connected on a buck for awhile. He only had to set up about 50 yards from his truck and we funneled 3 small bucks and 4 Does right to him. I skinned my button buck last night and got all the meat off the bone and in the fridge before it was frozen rock solid in last nights temps

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We should break the top 5 with yours, Greg will bump is close to the top.... Ryan connect this last weekend?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Been a bad teammate this year fellas. Just getting caught up on this. Congrats on all the harvests! I've gotta get to the taxidermist sometime here soon and get the rack scored so i can enter it in the contest.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Been a bad teammate this year fellas. Just getting caught up on this. Congrats on all the harvests! I've gotta get to the taxidermist sometime here soon and get the rack scored so i can enter it in the contest.

We're counting on you Greg!!!!