Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team # 6

Mao

Coshocton, OH
hey fellas... thought i would check in..cant wait for saturday to get here... my plan is to buck hunt the first few days.. then when they disappear i plan to shoot a doe early... i will also be taking a youth out opening weekend..good luck to you guys and glad to be on the team!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Im here. I promise to provide some points for the team. Both of my kids are hunting this year, so we will get the youth bonus at least.

I am behind schedule as far as being ready to hunt myself, but I did manage to get 3 stands and 2 groundblinds hung so far, so Im sure something will die sooner or later.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Well boys, thanks to my younger cousin we picked up some youth bonus points. He managed to arrow his first buck and did it with a compound. I was very happy and proud of him. It came on a bow drive and he drilled him at 20 yards. Tomorrow evening I am going to try and shoot a doe on video out of a ground blind with my wife. Opening day this buck that I am trying to talk myself out of shooting came by my stand at 15 yards. (Not a good picture of him so I attached another of him.) I am going there in the morning to try and film for my dad. I really hope he shows up again. It has been a great start for me so far. Good luck out there.
openingmorning.jpgbeans.jpgdrock.jpg

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Early next weekend I'll be doing a run of evening hunts to try and fill my buck tag.

Good on the venison for now from my dads harvest so I'll be waiting to start wackin does till I get the itch to draw some blood and the weather cools.

This cold front coming in as going to be great.

Gordo

Athens County
Well i hope all you guys are enjoying yourselves up to this point in the season.

I filled my buck tag last thursday. He's grossing out right around 142' inches of bone, so he'll give us some good points.

I also have hundreds of trail cam photos of him so that'll be some more points.

I'll be starting to lay the heat down on some does in the next couple weeks so that'll be maxin out my contributions.

I think where the sleeper team and we'll be winning this shit. Lets get'r done.

Good luck guys and enjoy yoursrlves!