Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 8 - Horn Stars

viper

Yes the bucks will be looking for the does. It sounds like you are in the right spot. Temps are supposed to get cooler next week and hopefully the big boys will be after them. Good luck.

viper

Shot this doe Friday evening. She was about 25 yards away double lung and ran 75 yards. It was the only deer that came in the field that evening. On the ride out I did see a shooter chasing a doe. It was slow today I did not see a deer.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351991123.793826.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351991123.793826.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 435

Stonegod

Hi guys I hunted yesterday for the first time this season....no deer...no squirrels...not even a frigging bird!....I'm in my blind now and have yet to see a deer.....squirrels and birds are out.....I guess that better than nothing!lol Will be hunting 3-4x a week now til gun season.

mightymet

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352658351.047711.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352658361.002077.jpg
I shot this little 7 point this morning. My first buck. I will get the measurements and post in the harvest thread later.

mightymet

Thanks guys. It was a great weekend. Saw a lot of deer yesterday. They were really moving. This was the only thing that came by today.

Stonegod

Is this contest for archery harvested deer only or can we also submit gun harvested deer? I don't see in the rules where it saids one way or the other.

Last edited:

Stonegod

So are any of my teammates still out there hunting??......it's been awful quiet on here. I'll be out the this weekend gun hunting then back to the xbow 2 or 3 times a week til the season ends or I tag something.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have still been hunting, i will be out this weekend on Sunday. Then I will be starting to trap next week. Good luck to everyone that goes.

Good luck to you too, Viper! I'll be heading to Sandusky County this weekend to hunt with my dad and brother. They lease some ground for waterfowling and deer hunting and it usually holds a fair number of deer, so I'm hoping to put some more meat in the freezer this weekend. Of course, if a big ol buck wants to walk by that'd be fine too! lol

viper

I am just about done hunting. I plan on shooting a doe on Saturday then I will be done for the season. I have been concentrating on trapping for the last week.