Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

team 8

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Here. Was out this morning with my mom and no gobbles after flydown. Back at it in the morning at a new place. Not getting discouraged, still have 4 weeks. Good luck guys..

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Yup, went out this a.m., sat in the rain...nothing answered, couldnt get anything to respond to the owl call either. This wasn't my "turkey
spot" though. Ill be going to my spot on thursday. There was two guys hunting there this morning so I had to go somewhere else.

I think that thursday morning will be good since all this rain will be letting up for a day...

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
gonna get out thursday myself. i have gotten permission for an area with a lot of sightings. chances are about as good as i can get in crawford county.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I put one in the freezer this morning, and I'll get some pics and a story up later.

good deal. crossed paths with a HUGE longbeard 2 days in a row. he out witted me both days. pretty good for a peabrained bird. think I've got him figured out as far as where he's roosting and where he travels to through the day. maybe I can conect next weekend.

Has anybody else had issues getting them to gobble? I've heard that they just are'nt acting "normal" this season. not gobbling after fly down, not responding to calls or decoys. this being my first season I thought maybe I'm not doing something right, but I'm hearing this from other guys too.

epe

Lancaster
I always have problems with them not gobbling after hitting the ground. Too many hens in my area.

sent from my HTC evo

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
You boys going out this weekend? The weather forcast looks good. Still plenty of time to put a good one in the freezer....
Good luck.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Way to go Dante your persistance payed off. That bird either has the reddest head Ive seen or it's the blood from where you put the smack down on him.
It's a great thing your doing rgecko this weekend, good luck and enjoy yourself and post any pics you take this weekend...

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
That bird either has the reddest head Ive seen or it's the blood from where you put the smack down on him.

little of both. he had a pretty red head, but he was only about 15 yards from me when I shot. they say you only need three pellets to hit , I imagine I put about 30 in his face.:smiley_blackeye:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
looks like we get braggin rights fellas.....

...... thats right, who are the badass thunderchicken killin mowsheens?......

Right now im flexin my bicep and pointin at it.. thats right, the guns baby.

good season guys, lets do it again next year.