Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #9 " DeaD BuCkS "

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I guess when you live in an area like I do, with a limited number of deer, you shoot what comes your way. You might not get anopther chance.

good luck at plumbrook.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
got 5 points tonight. Got into stand for a p.m. sit around 3:30. about a half hour later i caught movement tp the west. I thought it was a doe at first but as it got closer I realized it was a button buck...

hhhmmmm..... decisions, decisions....

... sorry dude, got an antlerless tag to fill.

he got to about 20 yards and I let one fly. It ticked off a branch and hit high. spined him, he dropped in his tracks. He managed to get to the treeline and then just kinda thrashed around and bleated, trying to get to his feet. I wanted to put another arrow in him, but there was just to much brush to get a clean shot. After a half hour or so I decided I really needed to get down and end it for him. I got to about 10 yards from him, and told him "sorry for making you suffer like that, but I'm gonna make it right now." Dont know why I spoke to him first, guess I felt bad that he had to lay there unable to move his back legs bleeding for so long. That arrow took out heart and both lungs. by the time I had my climber packed up and my tag filled out he was dead.

This spot is where I hve been finding some fresh scrapes, and got some pics of a nice buck roaming around. I knew it was already a little spoiled with all the blood but figured I could at least move him somewhere else to dress him so I didnt leave a stinky gut pile laying there. Everyone I knew that could lend a hand dragging was either out of town or at work so I dragged that little beggar 3/4 mile with my climber and pack on my back and my bow in hand. man my back is killing me right now.LOL.

got a picture for the contest but when I tried to upload it I was told the file is too large. I will try again tomorrow or take another pic before I carve him up. right now he is hanging out back stuffed with ice.

Schu72

Streetsboro
See the hat...:smiley_chinrub:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
See the hat...:smiley_chinrub:

You don't get no extra points for the hat Shu..... :smiley_clap: Congrats on the nice doe..... So wear's the war wound..... You may get a few extra points for bleeding worse then the deer :smiley_clap:

Schu72

Streetsboro
J you can't see it in any of the pics I posted. It's on my right cheekbone/eye orbit. It was a crescent shaped laceration about an inch long. My wife used derma-bond and steri-strips to put me back together

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J you can't see it in any of the pics I posted. It's on my right cheekbone/eye orbit. It was a crescent shaped laceration about an inch long. My wife used derma-bond and steri-strips to put me back together

All the kings horses and all the kings men..... but Mrs Shu could lol.... is she in the medical field?? That's always around our house.... the wife's a nurse..... lol... when I was a kid the neighbor lady was a nurse.... I've never had stitches in my life..... everything was butterflied lol.....

Schu72

Streetsboro
It's looking bad as far as getting out this weekend. I may get a little time an Saturday, but I will have to be out of the woods by 5 ish. Not sure if I want to do a mid day sit.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I'm gonna get out a few times. Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, and possibly again Sunday afternoon. The woods should really be starting to pick up now. Traveling from Central OH to Cinci, Toledo, and Cleveland this week I've noticed the road kill counts are on the rise this week. Nothing big laying on the side of the road yet that I've come across, but lots of younger bucks (6's & 8's) getting crushed out there. Won't be much longer and the older class bucks will be on the move!!!

Good luck out there fellas!!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Starting to get the gear ready for my 4 day weekend, well 3 1/2 day. Comping part of a day tomorrow and should be on stand by 3:30ish. I'm feeling good about this weekend, I hope to put some points on the board!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Fellas, we have our work cut out for us. Good luck to all who will be out this weekend. I'll try to keep you all updated on the activity.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Well, I ended up seeing at least 8 different deer. Only one buck, a wide 4 point. Funny thing is when I pulled my cam at the end of the hunt, a pretty nice 8 point passed under my stand less than 15 minutes before I got there.