Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 9 - Nock Deep

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
its just oats rye brassicas and clover they seem to like it first time putting one in up there, this year the too properties behind it that are usually corn and beans are not planted due to the old man passing away so that might have something to do with it. this is a place i was not goona take any does because there arent many but with what i saw the other day i think i can take one or too and be ok. on the other side of the farm tho i havent seen anything.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Well I had a good night didn't kill but had 18 deer in.my plot all at once seen 20 total hope to hunt that stand later this week if I get the chance

Yeah, and this statement is no good without pictures if you aren't going to kill one:smiley_crocodile:

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I'm at work today with the truck packed and ready to roll out early this afternoon. A little windy up here, but I have to go when I can. Headed north-east today for a first hunt of the year at this spot.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Congratulations Bigten!

I could have got us some buck points last night, if only he was at least two more years older :smiley_depressive:. Had an oblivious forkhorn walk through three of my shooting lanes about 630, upwind. Never even knew I was there. I was hoping he was runnin' block for a bigger buddy, but he was alone. Also saw a doe and fawn, but had no shots.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I just got in from work, ill Probly gear up and hit the woods for an evening hunt tonight. I plan on going to a stand I havnt hunted this year yet. When diablo and I hung it, we basically made it a scouting stand. So ill be taking my camera and hopefully see some Deerz, although its a little warm here sill..so we shall see

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Friday afternoon was great for me even though I didn't take a shot. I was covered up with deer from about 5 til sunset. I was excited to see a big scrape opened up underneath a low-hanging branch about twenty yards from my stand along a field edge on my way to the stand. About 5, I heard a deer behind me and down the tree line. I stood up and turned that direction as it approached. With lots of leaves up I couldn't tell what is was when it stopped at the scrape. The branches of the scrape tree exploded as the buck bit one of the branches and pulled it around. I saw antlers and leaves going in all directions. When the action settled, I saw it was an 8 point that still needed another year or two, but was still gald to see what I witnessed. After working the scrape, he proceeded down a trail behind me, down the edge of the field. He stopped past me and looked into the field behind me. Turned out to be a button buck. The bb fed out in front of me and bedded down. More noisy leaves from behind me brought a 7 pt out right in front of me. Later I heard a doe bleat, the bb got up and then ran to the doe, who was in the far corner of the field. About sunset, four more does showed up in the field, but too far from me. I was standing the whole time because I didn't want to spook anything. It's good to see the little guys moving already. Can't wait to get out Thursday if it's not raining.

I have recent pictures of both bucks I saw and passed on:

Attachments

• PICT0121.jpg
    PICT0121.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 354
  • PICT0312.jpg
    PICT0312.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 397

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Sounds like a great hunt Boone! No matter the size or sex, seeing deer is always a rush. I saw 3 little bucks and a doe last Thursday. I didnt get out last weekend, but this weekend in gonna hunt hard.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
had a little 8 right under me last night was hoping his grandpa would show up but he didnt, moved a cam into the woods on a ground scrape will check it friday if i get out too hunt that spot again.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Good deal guys. I'm chompin' at the bit to get out again too. Everything will depend on the rain and wind for me this weekend also. I had to watch the kids last night and have to tonight, so any good evening starting tomorrow belongs to me.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Little update, I havnt hit the woods since the weekend before last. Last weekend I was just busy with side jobs and this previous weekend I was spending time with my gf. She had back surgery on Tuesday and will be recovering until mid next week so hunting time is limited for a little while :/

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Some things are a little more important than hunting, excluding the rut of course J/K. If she's your age and you're not dating a cougar, that is pretty young to be going through. Hope she's recovering well.