Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

the heavy 9

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Fantastic stuff Josh. That last pic is both awesome and sad at the same time. You're doing a good thing keeping his memory alive. As a father of a young one with another on the way, I can't imagine the loss. Seeing what you are doing by keeping his memory alive says a lot about you. Well done sir.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
The knife in the pic is a Russ kommer browning whitetail legacy knife my buddy bought for me and had savannahs and Lucas engraved in it he surprised me with it before we went to Kentucky in 2012 the first hunt I would go on with out Lucas I told him I wouldn't Use it and he said Its a knife I better see it on your side so I've carried it every hunt since then. It means alot to me. Well tonight I got to pay him back a little he fell on hard times with money here recently from have a couple surgery's so me and our friends from Tennessee all thru in and rounded up 300 bucks and I put it in a Christmas card I also went to the taxidermist and picked up his deer head for him he kept saying he wouldn't have the money for it. I dropped off his head to him and he didn't know what to say. I handed him the card a just told him it was a Christmas card before I left I said don't forget to open that card. he called me and said he didn't Know how he was gonna pay us back I told him I was down once and he was there for me I had to remind him about the knife. the way I see it you don't get very many close friends like that so when they need help you find away to do it. A pic of him hanging the deer head up.

Attachments

• IMG_20161220_180514163.jpg
    IMG_20161220_180514163.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 383

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Thanks guys im happy with him he's at the taxi now and the wife's happy I'm done for awhile til turkey season comes in. She's not so happy that I've got a yote and deer head both at the taxi tho but she will get over it. I'm gonna be working on getting dad and brothers on one if they need help in muzzy season

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Great stuff. I carry a little Gerber with me everyday. Cheap knife but one of most valuable possessions. It was what Connor carried whenever he wasn't at school.
The last pic I understand. I make sure to stop by Connor's right before I head out for gun camp.
What a great way for you to continue to honor Lucas.
Awesome what you did for your buddy. Paying it forward.