Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The loss of a C-130

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We have deployed with that unit multiple times... Sad, hopefully there’s survivors.... 6 crew on board which leads one to believe there was probably a crew chief or an extra loadmaster on board...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We listened to the voice recording of a Washington state 130 that crashed back in the 90’s that left a lasting impression on all in the room. They were to focused on where to land vs the problem they were having which was a check list item they overlooked and ran out of fuel and crashed into the Pacific Ocean...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Peurto RICO air guard bird, 2 fatalities not known how bad the other 3 are...

There were 5 not 6 on board...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sketchy details on number of souls on board, they leave behind a manifest for every flight with all that info. Seems they’re being quiet about it so far, probably want to notify the next of kin first before they put it out...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
When I heard the news on the radio my first thought was about J, and wondering if he would have known any of the personnel or unit involved.
I'm sorry about our collective loss.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
News reports all 9 on board perished. No word on the cause. Supposedly headed to Arizona to decommission the aircraft.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
News reports all 9 on board perished. No word on the cause. Supposedly headed to Arizona to decommission the aircraft.

There’s a video that caught the crash via a security camera. Pretty tough to watch.... Stalled, nosed over and rolled.....