Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Pope in Alaska

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The Pope went on vacation to visit the rugged mountains of Alaska.

He was cruising along the campground in the pope-Mobile when he heard a frantic commotion just at the edge of the woods. He found a helpless Democrat wearing a shorts, sandals, a "Vote for Obama" hat and a "Save the Trees shirt.

The man was screaming and struggling frantically, thrashing all about, and trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10 ft. grizzly bear.

As the Pope watched in horror, a group of Republican loggers wearing "Go Sarah" shirts came racing up. One logger quickly fired a 44 mag. slug into the bears chest. The other 2 men pulled the semiconscious Democrat from the bears grasp. Then using baseball bats finished off the bear. 2 men dragged the dead grizzly onto to the bed of their pickup while the other logger tenderly placed the injured Democrat in the back seat.

The Pope summoned the men over to him.

"I give you my blessings for your brave actions. I have heard there was bitter hatred between the Republican loggers and Democrat environmental activists, but I seen with my own eyes this is not true."

As the Pope drove away one logger asked "who was that guy"?

"Dude, that was the Pope. He's in direct contact with Heaven and has access to all wisdom."

"Well, the logger said, he may have access to all wisdom but he sure doesn't know squat about bear hunting!"
"By the way is the bait still alive or do we need to go back to California and get another one"?