Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Push

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The Push

I'm only 30 minutes in on this 2 hour and 17 minute video but have really enjoyed the lesson so far! He's very good at explaining things and has done an incredible job putting this video together!IMO

I'm going to try and find the time to sit and watch the rest nonstop tonight or in the near future.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1E1vKkSSoNs

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have watched this one Ric, good video.
I havn't tried the gap shooting, not sure i want to try it, my mess me up trying to change things up.
I do think it is time for you to pick up a recurve, just be sure to get rid of the compound so you cant fall back on it.:smiley_bril:

Last edited:
1 hour, 5 minutes and 41 seconds into it, Matt Zirnsak explains the "fixed crawl" string walking method and it has been a game changer for me. I'm back into traditional archery again and loving it!!!
2 weeks after watching this video, it made so much sense to me, so I went out and purchased another recurve, Bemen carbon arrows and started shooting again. It didn't take long for me to acquire very good accuracy with my bow and I should be hunting with it, soon. I ended up purchasing a Fleetwood Knight recurve with a machined riser and laminated limbs @ 40# at 28" and 66" long.
I can't wait to get started hunting with it.

Bowhunter57

Milo

Tatonka guide.
The greatest computer is between your ears. Not going to distrust this method but you still can't shortcut the human brain. God gives you all the talents you need at birth, it's up to you to develop them