Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Snow Was A Tapestry for someone’s arrow tonight (IKS)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
And there it was!

Back when I was on vacation to hunt, I had an encounter (sorta) with this buck. I also had several pics of him in that area. I was in same stand and did not like the wind direction that day. I got down and relocated at 2:00 pm. When I pulled the camera chip, it showed me leaving at 2:00. Next pic was him eating apples at 3:20 and wind would have been fine for where he came in at. I was bummed to say the least!
Yesterday I slung some more corn in this area and and pulled the camera chip again. There was 2 nice bucks eating there in the morning. This 10 and a real nice 11 pt. I thought what the hell and went back to that area hoping they had bed not too far after breakfast. 30-40 Turkeys eating when I got to the stand. They ran off and 2 doe came in to eat before I could even get settled in. Just before 5 I seen legs in the thicket angled to me. This buck, a spike/4 pt and a button buck came in to eat. I did not have a shot (tree on the vitals) so I sized him up and tried deciding if I was gonna shoot or not. I REALLY wanted that 11 pt but had the ass for this one too. Then he ran towards the spike to spook him out...when he stopped, he was 1/4 away at 25 yds and looking away from me..... (and I was fuggin' cold!) That was it..... hit him exactly where I aimed and he mule-kicked and did a 60 yd death run. I got to see him fall. That Rage laid him open! The entrance slit is 6" long!
I'm not going to lie, there were moments in that cold I was wondering if it was all worth it? But I had to be out there to find out. Now I see it was all worth it. If for nothing else, just to say I gave it 100% every chance I got to hunt. Braydon and I both Bucked-Out is way too cool! I am Very Grateful for such a Great Season!

thumbnail.jpg Rage in the cage.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Say what you want about the rages, but the pics always show a tomahawk type wound

Thats Right! This slit was as long as a dollar bill (which is exactly 6" long).
I was NOT a Rage fan in the beginning. A buddy brought his boys doe over to show me the entry and exit holes. He slid his hand (flat) in the entrance without even trying. I ordered some like 15 minutes later.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Congrats man! Always enjoy reading about your adventures and look forward to you tagging one, which you always seem to do. My turn now! :pickle: