Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The View: TOO Style...

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Nice Setup Clay! Do you have it anchored to the rock in anyway or is it just setting on there?

Yes the rock has a hump and the legs on are each side of the hump and each leg is anchored to the rock. The front left corner is cantilevered our about 2.5 feet so it has a 8’x4”x4” to support it.

I over built it and 8x8 is bigger than the blind, but just as cheap since all the wood comes in 8’ lengths.

The creek is probably about 100 yards and 60-70 feet lower

Yes the rock has a hump and the legs on are each side of the hump and each leg is anchored to the rock. The front left corner is cantilevered our about 2.5 feet so it has a 8’x4”x4” to support it.

I over built it and 8x8 is bigger than the blind, but just as cheap since all the wood comes in 8’ lengths.

The creek is probably about 100 yards and 60-70 feet lower

Good idea on the anchoring. Even though it would probably never go anywhere, I would have a fear of sitting in it half a sleep and having it slide over the hill. LOL.

Nice thing about 8x8 is if you decide to ever replace the blind with a perm structure, you already have a big platform to build off of.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Amongst fallen oaks...

Attachments

• 20171128_162453.jpg
    20171128_162453.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 538

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
First hunt with K in a while and we're behind my parent's house. Little golden acorns scattered around the broken feeder. Hoping for anything brown and legal!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
OhioSam was nice enough to open his farm for my brother and I to come over and deer hunt while his nephew ran the combine to take down the corn.... We didn’t have any luck but appreciated the offer and had a good time.... He’s been laid up with medical issues and getting out is a plus this season...

Appreciate the offer Sam.... Tomorrow we’re off too the orchard and doing some drives and hopefully he’ll see some action...

IMG_0314.JPG

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We weren’t bowhunting but here’s a pic of Karissa hunting with the Henry 45-70 Sunday afternoon till dark. Didn’t see a deer enter the field till it was 5:40 and we were unloaded and walking back to the truck. It was 125 yards away and we were unable to determine what it/they were but we saw a white tail or two.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Great pics!
Super happy to see you guys hanging with it Ric! Hopefully she will get an opportunity before seasons end.