Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This has been the summer of returning .....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
..... returning multiple cameras. Back in June I had to send back my Code Black mms due to problems when starting up for the season. They were kind enough to send me a 2013 replacement. Then, I had to return my new Moultrie Panoramic due to the weight of the C batteries causing the battery tray to fall down when opening the cam up & breaking the hinges. I switched to using AA spacers, so at least the cam is lighter now. Then, I sent my new Moultrie M880 back two weeks ago when the screen locked up. The replacement 880 is arriving tomorrow ... just in time for me to use that box to send my MP6 back later tomorrow since nothing is being written to the SD cards I just recently discovered. Ughhhhhhhh. Don't tell me I should have bought a Reconyx, because I did just that a few years ago when the new HC 500s came out. I had to send that back twice ! I've since sold it.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I had trouble with my too cams too. A moultrie and wildlife innovations both took a crap on me but my hunting partner has three dandys at one of our mineral sights and my cams was in the same section so I do know they are there. But its aggravating when you depend on them just too find out they took a shit.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Buy up some 'sg550's'. They are work horses

I agree. I had 3 originals that I always used in video mode until the last one died out last year. I never had a problem with any of 'em while they lasted. It's odd how they all died soon after the other... almost like they were programmed to do so. With the luck I had with them, I did buy another SG550 earlier this year. It's stuck on a tree now, but I'm not impressed with it as I was with the originals.

Gordo

Athens County
There's some knock offs floating around. I found if when ordering, make sure they are the 'hco' sg550's(sticker on the back), and they are legit. The cheaper ones from different companies(straight chinese) arent nearly as good. I found out the hardway

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Not the title is was hoping for.... I was hoping you meant Big bucks were returning, not returning these dang cameras. Sounds like your getting good customer service tho!

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
If you have a Moultrie not writing to the card, first try this before you send it back. plug the memory card into your computer and make sure all of the files are deleted from it. Then put it in your camera. I have to do this with all of their new cams or nothing will write to the card. If there are any other files on the card it wouldn't work for me, this includes sticking the card into a regular digital camera to clear it because it still formats it or writes a file to it even though it may indicate you have no images.
Hope this helps.........

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Get in on the next SpyPoint buy. I've been very happy with mine and I'm as hard on cams as anyone. After a decade of trying different brands, I found one I can rely on.

Buck Whisperer

I like the moulries had some problems with them but all in all I like them have three of the m990 and four of the old game spy I 40

ohio
I had a set of batteries actually mess up my go to cam this season, one battery was manufactured wrong and killed the cam, battery company said they would take care of it

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had a set of batteries actually mess up my go to cam this season, one battery was manufactured wrong and killed the cam, battery company said they would take care of it

Dang Dennis! That's a new one, never heard of that happening before! Glad they're making it good for you.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Now, I gotta send back the new 2013 Covert Code Black they sent me earlier this summer that replaced my original Code Black !!!! It's been acting up these past few weeks & now has stopped sending pics, let alone taking any pics altogether. Arrrggh :tantrum:

Gordo

Athens County
Now, I gotta send back the new 2013 Covert Code Black they sent me earlier this summer that replaced my original Code Black !!!! It's been acting up these past few weeks & now has stopped sending pics, let alone taking any pics altogether. Arrrggh :tantrum:

Frustrated for ya man!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I feel you there Kevin. Besides the fact we have to deal with thieves, ants, forgetting to put in cards, etc, we also get to deal with a bunch of cheap chinese components destined to fail. I completely feel your pain.

Had a bunch of issues with my Bushnell Trophy Cams. They were good about warrantying them out for awhile. My buddy and I buy them together so we have a slew of them. Seems like 2010 was a bad batch. I think this happens to all the camera manufacturers. With the outsourcing to China you just roll the dice. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they are junk out of the box. I agree with you many of these do seem to be setup or programmed to last only so long.