Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thompson Customer Service

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Well. Calling Thompson Center Arms/Smith Wesson turned into a chunk of time this morning. Although scoped currently, my Omega purchased in 2006 has been a great gun. Last night I took a walk into the woods with it in the last hour of shooting light. While looking at it while on stand I noticed that the front fixed fiber optic sight was damaged with most of the green tube broken off and the small metal part that holds it was damaged TOO... Bummed, I made a mental note to order another one that evening.

I looked all over and could not find the part anywhere. Lots of red ones but my factory set-up was green on the front blade and red on the rear. New front one (in red were running around $20.00. So I call customer service, 15 min on hold and I hang up. Call back, another 15 and when someone did finally pick up from the cheesy muzak, I was cut off when they transferred me. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

One last try but this time I used the speaker phone and went on searching some more.
Finally, "David" picked up. After explaining my issue and telling him even the new catalog showed a green FO sight. He put me on hold for a few min. but came back saying the green and red sights were now reversed since moving the factory to a Smith and Wesson factory location. He had a few people on a list that wanted green replacements anyway so here was his fix;

He would send me a new, FREE front sight with the red in it. When the Green ones came in he would send me the green fiber tube Free as well. All I have to do is knock the red one out, slide the green one in and hold a Bic lighter to it for a bit.

Guess it all worked out after all. Free parts for a 6 year old gun. I was expecting to have to buy the parts.

Buckmaster

Portage
I spoke with David yesterday as well. I was initially on hold for about 5 minutes while they were taking previous calls first.

David answered all my questions.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Maybe I need to call instead of email. I sent an email last week, asking about where I can find a new striker handle for my brother's T/C Black Diamond... Yea, so far I haven't gotten anything back from T/C. :smiley_chinrub:

Big H

Medina
I think they are great. I bought my Encore used, and wanted to put a hammer extender on the gun. Problem was the guy before me had filed the hammer to try and install one that wasn't made for the gun. They told me to send it in and when they sent it back with a new hammer, the invoice said "NO CHARGE". That I didn't expect. So, when time came to buy a muzzleloader for my daughter, I bought the Impact.

RDM

western OH
have had 2 different parts on two different muzzys replace. the one muzzzy was approx. 8 yrs old. both times no charge no questions. if you can stand to be on hold its worth it and they make it right

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Maybe I need to call instead of email. I sent an email last week, asking about where I can find a new striker handle for my brother's T/C Black Diamond... Yea, so far I haven't gotten anything back from T/C. :smiley_chinrub:

Three times now I have sent Emails to one of the Bigger Companies with no answer. After calling, I was taken care of quickly and respectfully.

Buckmaster

Portage
TC just replaced the front sight on my muzzleloader no questions asked. 3 days later it arrived in the mail and I bolted the new sight on my barrel. I was missing the fiber optic as well.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
I have not needed anything since Smith took over but I have 3 stories from the past that went beyond belief. First, I bought a very low serial number contender, one without a safety. sent it to the factory, got a new style hammer installed then T/C went overboard converting to the easy open which meant the old wood would not fit, so they added new grip and forearm. All I paid was the first shipping to them.
2nd incident, bought a 14" 357 max barrel which had one screw head broken off in the rear sight. they said they would repair it. sent a brand new barrel no charge.
Third episode, bought a lighted reticle scope at a garage sale for $5 with a dead battery. They did not have a replacement battery for sale and sent a brand new scope as a replacement with a list price of $325.