Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Campout and Bow Shoot. Directions and Information

WIll you make it.

• Total voters

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

JULY 26-27-28 at Woodburry Wildlife Areas Group Campground.

For everyone planning on attending the bow shoot and campout I have included some maps and images below in an effort to help you locate the Woodburry group campground. There will be survey stakes with Blue and white flagging at the intersections of Ohio 541 and county road 17 to the south, and Ohio 60 and county road 17 to the north. The final flag will be at county road 17 where you need to turn on to township rd 56. The flags will be placed Friday around noon.

I personally will be arriving at the location around 1:00 pm on Friday and leaving Sunday sometime. For those shooting bows we will be shooting Saturday evening around 2. Other activities, fishing, trap shooting, bow practice range, etc will be whenever the group decides it's time on Saturday. Trap shooting will likely be in the morning.

The exact GPS location for the campground is. 40.282734, -82.028654
The address where you turn off Ohio 17 on to township highway 56 is 22973 County Road 17 Coshocton, OH 43812
Woodbury Wildlife Area Map

Directions from Cincinnati

Directions from Cleveland

Each party - i.e. all attendees and TheOhioOutdoors.com, comprised of Joe Wilson, Jesse Roush, the members, representatives, and affiliates of TheOhioOutdoors.com - shall be responsible for its own liability arising from its attendance and involvement in this function. WE ARE NOT responsible for any accidents, injuries, or deaths. You are attending this event by your own free will and agree to indemnify and hold harmless TheOhioOutdoors.com for any claim, demand, cost, liability, loss, or damage suffered as a result of attending this function.

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
In other words, "Don't shoot your eye out fellas".

Don't forget to take lots of pictures for us that can't make it.

...and Cotty, don't forget your boy scout socks. The ticks are rough this year.

We'll be with you in spirit.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Quote from Beener in the old thread (I am in Coshocton pretty often and have good service usually. The area by Woodbury is notoriously shotty. I had signal last time I was there so feel free to let her know she can call my phone. I think she has me down as "Big Poppa" in her contacts list.)

Actually, Mr. Charles... if you're referring to my wife, she has you listed as Dirty Mexican. Ole!

Schu72

Streetsboro
I had a blast at the prior two outings, but this one isn't in the cards. Life is chewing me up pretty good right now. Have a blast fellas.

Ricer2231

Have a good time guys, my daughter has softball tournaments friday and saturday. This sport is going to break me, and she is only 7

Been there done that bud. And it just gets more expensive the older they get. But her and I got some memories we will never forget and a few we would like to forget. Haha

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for posting Joe.

You guys and the wife and your phone numbers are hilariously entertaining....:smiley_crocodile:

I'm mostly all packed. Pretty dang full truck. Just got to transfer my chicken,sausage,milk and juice to cooler in the morning before hitting the road. I want to shoot alittle before stowing my bow TOO. Prolly wont bring any firearms.

The 1.5 case of beer is all iced down though.:smiley_coolpeace:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks for posting Joe.

You guys and the wife and your phone numbers are hilariously entertaining....:smiley_crocodile:

I'm mostly all packed. Pretty dang full truck. Just got to transfer my chicken,sausage,milk and juice to cooler in the morning before hitting the road. I want to shoot alittle before stowing my bow TOO. Prolly wont bring any firearms.

The 1.5 case of beer is all iced down though.:smiley_coolpeace:

Yup, no firearms for me, just my bow! I haven't even started packing yet, but the backstraps are marinading, and I will prepare the chicken tonight and take the sausage out of the freezer. Still haven't decided if I'm gonna drive the car or the truck. Suppose it depends how much stuff I end up packing. LOL

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have 6 hats for sale at $20 a pop. It would make me a happy man to sell those this weekend since I ate the cost for a dozen 2-3 months ago.

Ron and Joe, I have yours and they are not part of the 6.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Any chance someone can help me out an grab a box of clays for me.? Only thing on my list I forgot. If not, I'll just change how I go tomorrow and hit up Wally World.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yup, no firearms for me, just my bow! I haven't even started packing yet, but the backstraps are marinading, and I will prepare the chicken tonight and take the sausage out of the freezer. Still haven't decided if I'm gonna drive the car or the truck. Suppose it depends how much stuff I end up packing. LOL

I'm driving the lac. Fugg 2.5 hours In that noisy, hot, no carpet having truck. Lol.