Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO hunt or work....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That is the question. :smiley_chinrub: This Fridays schedule is looking pretty slow. Should I take the day off and be in the woods or should I just stick to conformity and make the wife happy by going to work?

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
If you stayed home from work would your wife be there? Is your wife going to be at your job? Are you taking a day off "unpaid"

If you have the time, and your wife would still be at work, then I would take the day off. Why not?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Umm. . . I better not reply. I will be a bad influence. Let's just say, I have not been very productive this week. Wish I could chat more, but I am going hunting. lol

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I will have to take a vacation day or just take it unpaid. I know she wont like either of those options, but I am just plain sick. I am like a crack head and the only way to calm the nerves is to be climbed up a tree in hopes of seeing deer.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I TOO am sick in the head with Hunting them deerz! We all are. If I had the time to take off I would be right there with ya buddy. I don't have any time off right now, and taking it "unpaid" isn't an option for me.

The old saying: "A bad day of hunting is better than a good day of work" applies here. In all honesty things have been slow. I don't think the rut is in full swing but with the moon pahase changing and the wind dying down by thursday I don't see how you couldn't R.O. and make have 3 days to hunt...good luck

Buckmaster

Portage
The old saying: "A bad day of hunting is better than a good day of work" applies here. In all honesty things have been slow. I don't think the rut is in full swing but with the moon pahase changing and the wind dying down by thursday I don't see how you couldn't R.O. and make have 3 days to hunt...good luck

Yep, I'm hunting in your area and can confirm the same thing. The rut isn't quite here yet. I've had hunters in my stands for the past 13 days and get twice per day updates on their sightings.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
It's looking more and more like I'll take Friday off TOO. I say let's hunt and kill some deer.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was going to take tomorrow off, but moved it to next Wednesday thanks to the rain. Off this Thursday through Friday, then next Wednesday through Monday of gun. I'm pumped for that break!!!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well it is scheduled off. I will have a three day weekend this week and a four day weekend next week due to thanksgiving and then Saturday is my birthday. I am hoping to move a setup to the property that I got my double drop from. There has been zero pressure on this property as far as I know, and with the Jr. Orange army hitting the field I might get lucky and be snuck in to their safe haven in that area.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Goodluck Steve! What year did you kill that stud with DD's? Have you seen any others with drops ? Hoping for your sake there is others carrying that same gene. That would be sweet to have multi deer with drops!