Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Chronicles - 2014 Edition

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Just a 2 year old with his legs in the "V" of the branches.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399730480.026256.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399730492.675865.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399730509.026421.jpg

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Went cruising with a friend this morning. He was tired. Long night.

Had to laugh again when I saw the pic scrolling through this thread again First thing I thought if when I saw it was the song Riding Dirty! "They see me rolling, they hatin'!"

Ryan, congrats on killing your second bird buddy!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That green field way out there by the other cut corn is where I called him from, at least 500 yards away and he came in fast.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399741911604.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399741911604.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 254

lung buster

hocking county
Another quiet morning in the hills of Hocking county. They have been only sounding off every other morning this week. So tomorrow should be good but I think I'm out of gas!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
image.jpg
My buddy killed this one today at about 11:30. He is as good of a caller as there is and worked this bird for an hour. The last time the bird came in then went away from us, my buddy snuck over a bank in front of us. I got on the slate, stayed back and called. The longbeard turned right back around and came right to where he was before and my buddy killed him. It was a fun hunt!

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Had to laugh again when I saw the pic scrolling through this thread again First thing I thought if when I saw it was the song Riding Dirty! "They see me rolling, they hatin'!"

Ryan, congrats on killing your second bird buddy!

Hehe. I think the appropriate version instead of Riding Dirty would be White and Nerdy.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Snuck up on a roosted tom, I was out of position. He stayed roosted till 7 and never gobbled. He pitched and I relocated. Around 8:45 he gobbled his way in then backed out, then he snuck up on me around 9:45 while I was dozing off. I awoke disoriented trying to locate where he gobbled lol. In my movement he picked me off from 100 yards across the valley. I'm going to position myself above him tomorrow and try my best to ambush his fly down. Hardest year of turkey killing in my life!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
They weren't gobbling at all here today. I heard one gobble at 6:03 then nothing. My buddy watched a tom breed 4 hens out in a field then got him to 45 yards and missed Lol.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Snuck up on a roosted tom, I was out of position. He stayed roosted till 7 and never gobbled. He pitched and I relocated. Around 8:45 he gobbled his way in then backed out, then he snuck up on me around 9:45 while I was dozing off. I awoke disoriented trying to locate where he gobbled lol. In my movement he picked me off from 100 yards across the valley. I'm going to position myself above him tomorrow and try my best to ambush his fly down. Hardest year of turkey killing in my life!

Dang kid how old are you now 19? rotflmao
You still got a week Alex and Im betting you'll have an opportunity to kill 2 before the end of next week. Good luck and stay in the woods.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Went with one of my buddys this morning to try and get him an old bird he has been after and heard 7 birds close and several more in the distance and they gobbled off and on till 9:30.Saw four of them with hens and called one hen in to about 5 feet.No birds shot but was a fun morning.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Dang kid how old are you now 19? rotflmao
You still got a week Alex and Im betting you'll have an opportunity to kill 2 before the end of next week. Good luck and stay in the woods.

Most years I already have my gun put away because I filled my tag within the first day! lol I'm not use to hunting the jungleness late season. So damn friggin green I can't see shit. I'm going to kill this bird. Dudes got a rope from hell, probably 15+ inches and is AT LEAST 35 or 40 pounds and has a grandpa tom chuckle from hell. I inspected his roost site, lots and lots of fresh broken tree limbs that cant support his weight. Probably a world record by my calculations... Thursday I had 7 of them gobbling, I can generally tell the difference between 2 yr olds and jakes. I heard him and the ground rattled and blew my ear drums.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Sucks this year Alex. They aren't gobbling anywhere around us. What's the deal??

I think they are almost done and don't have any lead left in their pencils would be my guess. I sat right up under that bird, generally a flawless maneuver that has scored Joe and I birds every year. He had no care in the world that I was calling, right below him.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Got inside a roost site again, the tom ive been after lit up good. They all pitched and closest they got was 70 yards. Worked him until about 15 minutes ago then he hushed. Gonna give it an hour then I gotta get to work

Diablo54

Outside
Birds gobbling good today. I've set up on three that were 80 yards or closer. Get all setup and they are still gobbling. Make a soft yelp or purr and they either shut up or go the other way.