Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Report '18

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats on a nice bird....

We had 2 jakes hanging out for about 10 minutes at 10 yards from the blind... Fun morning hunting just did t hear the birds like we did two days ago....

Reactions: twireman

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
6A089302-5C5D-401A-9D43-C69EC0C972E4.jpeg

This is one of the little fellas 😂

Reactions: twireman and Fletch

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So as of a month ago, I had this whole week off. Then I switched gigs and lost all my time off. With my wife leaving at 6:15 and being on call, I haven't been able to get out and was going to miss the weekend due to her being on call. Ran in to my son of my neighbor across the road tonight. He gave me permission to hunt her 16 acres. Told the wife if she gets called in tomorrow, just honk twice when she starts the car and I'll be over to get the girls! 😂

Clutch pickup for me since I can hit it up until 7 most mornings while the girls sleep. Might just get it done after all!

Isaacorps

Columbus
So as of a month ago, I had this whole week off. Then I switched gigs and lost all my time off. With my wife leaving at 6:15 and being on call, I haven't been able to get out and was going to miss the weekend due to her being on call. Ran in to my son of my neighbor across the road tonight. He gave me permission to hunt her 16 acres. Told the wife if she gets called in tomorrow, just honk twice when she starts the car and I'll be over to get the girls! [emoji23]

Clutch pickup for me since I can hit it up until 7 most mornings while the girls sleep. Might just get it done after all!

Good shit, get er done teammate!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Good stuff fellas. That pic is awesome Twireman!

Dad and I made it out today. Fooled with the same four birds for almost two hours before three finally committed. It was a fun hunt, and we should have doubled, but I let the birds keep coming and they didn't cooperate for me. Dad was able to bust one though.

The Sasquach Custom Pot Call is 2/2. Hoping to make it 3/3 tomorrow. Got a buddy coming out that's only been turkey hunting a few times. Roosted two birds, but they are calling for some wind in the morning. We will see how it pans out.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Good luck tomorrow everyone . Taking my son out tomorrow . Put the blind out after dark in a spot they've been frequenting. Hopefully it work out .

Got to hear a gun go bang and watch a turkey flop this morning when my buddy shot one .
I refrained in hopes of being able to Double up with my son tomorrow . We will see if I regret that decision

Reactions: aholdren

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
We didn't roost any either, but the Intel I've gathered this week says we'll see at least one longbeard, hopefully in range.
I'm pretty confident that I know where at least one longbeard is roosting, and the path he'll take to get to the field we'll be set up in.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason is still not home from a late ball game and I was unable to get out to listen tonight. I plan to take him in after the same old quiet bird in the morning. Hopefully we can kill him and get after another quickly.
Good luck everyone