Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Report '18

Hunter II

The 2 birds I watched fly up turned out to be hens but I was set up perfect. No gobbling here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had gobbling on the roost at day break couple hundred yards away flew down and got quiet, raining here now...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Had a bird roosted down the road that was as vocal as they get until he hit the dirt. Just heard a gobble from that direction, so its been well over an hour since he pitched. Walked to the back line of the place I was hunting across the road and headed a gobble way off on ground I can't hunt, then one that came from behind me back by my house. I decided to head back to my place and drink coffee on the back deck and listen to birds a little after 7. No sooner than I sat down, a hen started yelping in our woods, so I geared back up and made a move up the edge of the yard.

I set up about 30 yards from the corner of the yard and the woods and almost immediately, I heard putting. Wasn't long after that I had 2 gobble directly through the brush 30 yards behind me. I shifted back down the wood line to cut them off, but caught sight of a hen walking through my neighbor's yard. Right behind her was the white turkey and an old blue head. I figured I'd just let them follow her across the road, I'd button hook and set up in the bottom and wait them out.

You ever notice how good a turkey's eyesight is?!? 😂🖕🦃😡

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Had a longbeard come from behind us silent . Had it at 30 yds but couldn't get the kiddo lined up before it walked out to 40 . Didn't let him shoot and it walked off

Isaacorps

Columbus
Absolute silence after the gobbling on the roost. I covered a lot of ground just trying to get something but nothin doin. Maybe the wind had something to do with it? Who knows. I did pull a card while I was out and thought this pic was pretty cool

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Had one gobbling on roost but haven't heard anything for over a hour now. Beautiful morning though.

Attachments

• IMG_20180429_064238926.jpg
    IMG_20180429_064238926.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 193

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Pretty good morning just couldn't run and gun like I needed to with my daughter with me. Had a bird gobble about 70 times on the limb. Then worked another but wouldn't come thru the Barb with fences headed to another spot after we eat.