Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Report '18

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

angelzd28

Im ready, but are these birds ready for the ole 870 super magnum..................
20180129_184125.jpg
20180129_145044.jpg

Reactions: Dustinb80

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ran some errands at lunch and saw a big old white head locked down with a hen strutting around my neighbor's field. Too dang early for that nonsense.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Well, I woke my ass up at 5:45 this morning to listen for birds. I'm currently sitting along the road at the spot I killed last year's turkey. I don't expect much gobbling but should see some in the fields.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
My buddy Ron and I split up this morning to cover two properties. I had the same 4-5 gobbling where I was at yesterday, he had 5 gobbling at the other spot. I went back out to where I was yesterday to pull a card, turns out my covert took a dump. Gotta run back out today to swap it out and put another cam across the road.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Took a drive down to my parents this morning to check things out and clear my head.. the loggers on the neighboring property have moved out finally. Camera is over the food plot I frost seeded in clover a couple weeks back. Surprised any turkeys were there with all the nearby activity.

Reactions: Dustinb80

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I need to go out too the property next week and set up trail cam. I've got an idea on how too build a brush in over the new spot.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

These are the 5 birds I've been hearing the last two mornings. All longbeards, fuggers ran across the road in front to me this afternoon.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
My buddy in Tennessee had called me saying the main farm we were gonna hunt had gone dry. Said they moved over to the neighbor's property which didn't make sense to him. So he waalked the property lines and sure enough found a big corn pile. The game warden has been called I'll let you know what comes out of it.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
That sucks Josh. Maybe the corn is for the deer?!? 🤔
No he says there's feathers in it. And a blind built out of cedars about 25 yards away. It sucks for him because he's spent alot of time and money on food plots and clearing the areas on that farm to keep the birds around. I know there's more birds around there so we will find out how it turns out.