Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Report '18

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Not a good morning for me.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Nine total gobblers today, not a one would commit. We had a little incident this morning that put us in a hole which just compounded the day I believe.

One guy a little to aggressive early and spooked a hen which pitched towards the gobblers and they never came our way. Had 5 within 150 yards and hey all followed that hen.

The highs and lows of this season look like the friggin stock market ticker.... I’m one tired old man right now and today was my last day, I’m sleeping in tomorrow, laying around and recharging the batteries and spending the next week on the boat....

We hit the same spot as yesterday, although we did make it to the Mingo Sportmans club, GLK and Fernwood boundaries, even hunted a little of fernwood to cap off the day....

Had a good season, learned a lot and spent quality time chasing these pea brained feathered fowl.... Hunted with some new guys and and with some old friends. Got to learn how to use a Sasquatch custom call and spend the weekend with their CEO.... Doesn’t get much Teter than that my friends....

Oh yeah, fugg turkeys 🦃🖕🏻😂

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm an idiot. Woke up after three hours sleep just to see if I could hear one. Climbed up on the ridge where the old "truck bird" likes the roost. Didn't hear a thing. Spooked him off the limb while leaving at 7. I had walked directly under him when I went in. Lol. I did find some fresh pheasant backs so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Reactions: Bigslam51

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm an idiot. Woke up after three hours sleep just to see if I could hear one. Climbed up on the ridge where the old "truck bird" likes the roost. Didn't hear a thing. Spooked him off the limb while leaving at 7. I had walked directly under him when I went in. Lol. I did find some fresh pheasant backs so it wasn't a complete waste of time.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. That bird better have a hit put on it for next year!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You know, he hardly gobbled all season. I was under him, in range, undetected three times and never saw him say a word. He only gobbled on the limb the first couple days of season. Absolutely crazy. If it's the same bird, last year he gobbled every time you'd make a peep.