Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tulster Kydex Holster Review

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good to hear it’s still a good fit for you. I’m wading thru the which holster to get for my first EDC.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well I finally quit messing around and bought another Tulster for my Glock 19. Just like my first one, this holster did not disappoint. Super clean, smooth, well-crafted, and a perfect fit to the gun. I wore it for a few hours tonight and I'm more than pleased. It's much more comfortable than the other one I was wearing. I wish I would have just got this one in the first place.

The one picture shows it next to the holster I was wearing. It has a claw for tucking the grip in closer to the body. I've found I don't need this with my particular body type, and it just adds unnecessary bulk. You can't hardly tell in the pic, but the edges, components, and overall craftsmanship of the Tulster is far superior.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice rig!!!

Thanks, man. I'm really liking it so far. It's so much more comfortable than my first holster... which is so important. If it's not comfortable, we look for excuses not to carry. With the adjustable cant, it's also much easier to draw the pistol from the holster. My other holster kept the grip too close to my belt, and getting my fingers underneath, quickly, was a bit of a challenge.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah I swore I would never own a 9mm again and even gave my reloading dies away. Have been eyeing up the gen 4 19 for a while now. I have the 30 so same size just a little thicker. Never say never right lol!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well, I pulled the trigger on a tulster iwb and wore it for the first time today, after the initial moving it around to find the sweet spot I actually lost track of carrying it. In and out of the truck multiple times and didn’t feel like I was carrying.... Very happy with it so far.

Thanks for the heads up Jim, appreciate it....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well, I pulled the trigger on a tulster iwb and wore it for the first time today, after the initial moving it around to find the sweet spot I actually lost track of carrying it. In and out of the truck multiple times and didn’t feel like I was carrying.... Very happy with it so far.

Thanks for the heads up Jim, appreciate it....
Appendix carry or in the rear?

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I bought one also and I don't carry a lot but I really like this holster. I have a skinny waist so the comfort spots are 2 and 5 for me. The 2 scares me in case of a misfire but it would take a sharp shooter to shoot my dick off even and that distance!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I bought one also and I don't carry a lot but I really like this holster. I have a skinny waist so the comfort spots are 2 and 5 for me. The 2 scares me in case of a misfire but it would take a sharp shooter to shoot my dick off even and that distance!!

Lmao... I’ve got a paunch up front and the added having a gun barrel pointing at my junk gets a little unnerving.... It may not be much, but it’s all I gots.... [emoji23]

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

LOL. That's why I carry at 1 o'clock cause even if it was big enough to hit from there, I'm such a shitty shot, I wouldn't hit it anyways!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
LOL. That's why I carry at 1 o'clock cause even if it was big enough to hit from there, I'm such a shitty shot, I wouldn't hit it anyways!
Probably the one time I hit my mark. Ha. Not because I'm aiming at the side of the barn. Just the way luck goes.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well still after a minute or two of wearing it, don’t even feel like it’s there... Periodically catch myself checking to see if it’s still there...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What kind of guns are y'all carrying? It will ease your mind about accidental discharge if you research how these guns work. A Glock for example has like three internal safeties on the firing pin. The gun CANNOT go off unless the trigger is pulled. In a good holster, this can't happen.