Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Season Live Update

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Fuggers done up an moved on me.. Kind of figured the would once they got with hens. In the strutting pics i got for 4 days (4th - 7th) they didn't have hens yet.

I went out Sunday morning to listen but missed flydown. They sounded off once and sounded to be around the same area. But I checked the 3 cams Sunday evening and only had 1 tom since Thursday. (but i had him on all 3 cams)

No big worries.. I'll find their new strut zone.... They tend to be blabbermouths this time of year. :) Well, that, and they're in only about a 60 acres of woods. They can't go too far. :smiley_crocodile:plus, I can call damn near all the way across it.

I'll be out there listening by 5:45 every morning from now on. They're still there. No doubts about it. :)

Diablo54

Outside
Fuggers done up an moved on me.. Kind of figured the would once they got with hens. In the strutting pics i got for 4 days (4th - 7th) they didn't have hens yet.

I went out Sunday morning to listen but missed flydown. They sounded off once and sounded to be around the same area. But I checked the 3 cams Sunday evening and only had 1 tom since Thursday. (but i had him on all 3 cams)

No big worries.. I'll find their new strut zone.... They tend to be blabbermouths this time of year. :) Well, that, and they're in only about a 60 acres of woods. They can't go too far. :smiley_crocodile:plus, I can call damn near all the way across it.

I'll be out there listening by 5:45 every morning from now on. They're still there. No doubts about it. :)
5:45?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

They've been flying down around 6:35-6:45 in the morning.. If I want to hear them on the roost, i better be there at 6:00..

5:45 gives me plenty of time to park and walk the 400 yards to my listening post where i can hear them roosted on the other side of the woods.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No real scouting from me yet since it's about an hour away. I've had the cam running in a food plot for a couple weeks so hopefully there's something on there by this weekend. I'm planning on heading down and listening Sunday morning, then scouting/shed hunting all day, and hunting Monday mornin. I can't wait!!!

Diablo54

Outside
They've been flying down around 6:35-6:45 in the morning.. If I want to hear them on the roost, i better be there at 6:00..

5:45 gives me plenty of time to park and walk the 400 yards to my listening post where i can hear them roosted on the other side of the woods.

Oh i see. Goodluck!

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
As long as a specific bird I have been watching retains his pattern, I have a short window of oppurtunity to get him opener. I have been watching him since April 1st.

Then Tuesday its off to a half mile up the road to try my luck on 3 others or out to Joe's farm to help him call if he doesnt get one on opener.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Fellows..Ill be setting up camp saturday in the WNF for the week. ..Ill keep you guys posted on whats going on..There will be 3 of us..and there's no tellin what will happen..I hope to find some big sheds/shrooms but a bird would be nice..Ill hunt hard and cover alot ground..If i find anything intresting ill post a picture.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Found em... lmao... Same place they were a week ago. Not 200 yards from where they were lmao.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Glad to know he is fat and lazy lmao.

Went to check the traps in the barn right at dusk. .. GOBBLE GOBBLE... WTF... Walked out and looked across the back 40.. There he was roosted.... The other one was about 100 yards farther back in the woods.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Went to check the traps in the barn right at dusk. .. GOBBLE GOBBLE... WTF... Walked out and looked across the back 40.. There he was roosted.... The other one was about 100 yards farther back in the woods.

Sounds like those birds are ripe for the pickin'.

Huckleberry Finn

My scouting thus far has consisted of asking what my dad has seen outside the window. Last week is was a flock of 20 plus, but on the wrong side of the woods!

Huckleberry Finn

Ahhhhhh :)
turk weather.jpg