Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vehicle computers

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
My jeep has been down for a while now, finally got it into the mechanic and I'm being told its the computer. My mechanic doesn't do auto electrical. So he contacted the local auto electrician. He said he doesn't even work on Chryslers computers anymore. So every one is telling me I'm at the mercy of the dealers. I have a hard time believing this to be true. doing some searching I was able to find this place. www.carcomputerexchange.com Has anyone else out there heard of or used anybody like this before?

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I have replaced a couple ECM's on a GM trucks not because they were defective but because they were tuned by previous owners and we had no way of knowing what the tunes were. We used a similar company to get the reprogrammed computers. Never had an issue with them. They also guaranteed their computers. We we're worried the first time because it was $450 for the replacement. After everything worked as advertised the next 2 trucks I did went off without a hitch as well.

Reactions: Hoytmania

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That seems to be the key with this place. You call in your VIN, and they program the computer to your vehicle. Plug and play, no dealer involved. My guess is this is one of the companies that the dealers buy from.

I decided to pull the trigger. Seemed pretty seamless. Should have the ECM in 3-5 business days. Will keep you updated

Reactions: Mike

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That seems to be the key with this place. You call in your VIN, and they program the computer to your vehicle. Plug and play, no dealer involved. My guess is this is one of the companies that the dealers buy from.

I decided to pull the trigger. Seemed pretty seamless. Should have the ECM in 3-5 business days. Will keep you updated

Good luck Steve, keep us posted buddy...

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I just bought a pcm for my Jeep. Worked awesome gave VIN number and computer number came plug and play. Was a simple fix after doing plugs and coils and still had a dead cylinder turns out computer wasn't telling #2 it needed to fire.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Thought I should update everyone on how it went. There was a small hicup, it had been 5 days since I ordered and nothing had shown up. I called and here the ECM they had on hand wouldn't program properly. They had to get another from their core supplier. Once this was done. I had it a few days later. Got it installed and old red is back on the road!!!!

Fletch

Supporting Member
What ever happened to string a set of points with a book of matches??:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5Cent

Fletch

Supporting Member
J.. setting.. not sure where string came from.. Back then you could swap carbs by undoing the linkage and removing 4 nuts.. Done in 10 minutes...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J.. setting.. not sure where string came from.. Back then you could swap carbs by undoing the linkage and removing 4 nuts.. Done in 10 minutes...

Everything was easier because you did it so much more often [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

PSE13

Shelby
Yeah steve I’m happy that it’s back on the road. Although if you would have just listened to what I told you when I came over and looked at it for you it would have saved you all kinds of money. Thanks for second guessing my work and wasting my time. [emoji108]

Reactions: Hoytmania