Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Week 1 of retirement

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Well it was fun catching up with this. Hard to believe it’ll be 4 years of retirement this May. Did a hiatus from life tour again this year. A buddy of mine that I worked with retired before Xmas and he and I took off January 16 and were on the road for 5 weeks. We headed out too Arizona and worked our way back slowly through the southern part of the country.
All in all we hit 23 states and spent time in Arizona, Texas, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and West Virginia. Visited a half dozen former coworkers and friends who both my buddy and I have worked with or have known.
Go at home 2 weeks ago and then took off last week with the boat in tow too drop it off in Tennessee too get a new trailer built for it as well as redoing the carpeting in the boat. The marina is a dealer of the trailers that the boat manufacturer uses. The boat and trailer should be done the end of March and when done I’ll swing by and get it, then head too lake Norman in North Carolina for our annual fishing trip there. Looking forward too seeing the upgrades.
Looking forward too the upcoming fishing season, did some fishing in Florida and had some luck. Hopefully it’ll be a sign of things too come...
Living the dream! I love it when a plan comes together.😊

Lucky

Sunbury
Enjoy your retirement, u earned it. Looks like the water at the lake was nice, those are some nice smallies! That had to have been a great time. Keep us informed of your retirement adventures and enjoy it.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Well it’s week 416 of retirement 😂😂😂

Wow, 8 years tomorrow! Where’s the time gone.

For anyone who’s on the fence about retiring? Don’t put it off or talk yourself into maybe next year….
58DDD672-B418-4375-96C1-01162BA67C6A.gif

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It’s been awesome not paying attention what day or time it is. Lmao
Us worker bees don't pay attention either. Doesn't matter what day or time it is if all.yoi do is work. 🤣🤣🤣

Im exaggerating of course. You know I try to work and play.

Glad you are all enjoying your retirements. I wish you all many healthy and enjoyable years.