Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Weekend work

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well boys I got a lot done this weekend. I got two platform stands put together. I also got wood cut and split. I then hung 4 cameras and sprayed all my plots for fall planting in a few weeks! I'm pumped boys!!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
This year will be brassica heavy! I will mix in oats,clover,ww,peas bad soybeans in a few area for early season attracting. You?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We planted all corn this year. Can't wait for the season. We have beans all around us. Deer are hammering the beans right now. When they are picked there will be nothing left but our corn. Talked to my buddy tonight about spraying and seeding the edges. Going to be plots surrounding all the edges of the cornfields. . . .at least close to the stands if nothing else.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I planted some summer plots, brassica, chichory, oats, clover. But most of my hunting is done on farms where the plots are already planted for me:smiley_clap:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I planted some summer plots, brassica, chichory, oats, clover. But most of my hunting is done on farms where the plots are already planted for me:smiley_clap:

I only get that luxury at one farm the rest are on me! You already got the brassicas in the ground? You always do them that early.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
This is my first year planting food plots. Never really had to plant them because of all the crops around here. The ol lady and I bought a little piece of land that's wooded and I cleared a spot and planted one there, it's not big (30ft wide by about 70 feet long) but I like it. I bought the prograze seed and I forget what brand it is, I'm pretty sure it has brassica in it. All I know is they have been eating it pretty good cause I got a cage up so I can judge the amount.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
This is my first year planting food plots. Never really had to plant them because of all the crops around here. The ol lady and I bought a little piece of land that's wooded and I cleared a spot and planted one there, it's not big (30ft wide by about 70 feet long) but I like it. I bought the prograze seed and I forget what brand it is, I'm pretty sure it has brassica in it. All I know is they have been eating it pretty good cause I got a cage up so I can judge the amount.

ya that has brassica, clover, and chicory. I would think that would be a good mix for a small plot. You can always overseed it with some oats too. I love planting oats, on trails with some clover. It will damn near grow anywhere.