Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What Bow poundage do you shoot?.

Target & Hunting weights

• Total voters

Tiny

Just wondering who shoots what. Made it a multiple vote so you can vote target and hunting.

Also, what do you shoot?. Longbow, Recurve, Selfbow, etc..

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
68#s on my Strother Infinity for my hunting rig. I'm about to make my Switchback XT a plinker and put 50-60 limbs on it to shoot 55#s. Also have a 45# Ancient Spirits recurve.

themedic

OHIO
My PSE Vendetta is a 70# bow and I got the bolts about half way in/out. Kinda surprised to see more 70# guys. The bow shop owner thought I was nuts, he tried to talk me into a 60# but I had a 60# Mathews before that and always wished it was a little harder pull.

Tiny

This is the traditional section guys! :D

My compounds I shoot at 62# and have for years. Now-a-days bows are so fast that I just don't need the weight like I did back in the 70's & 80's or even the 90's. I don't hunt any animal that requires a heavy arrow either... unless I am using my traditional equipment and then I am right at 10 gpp generally.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is the traditional section guys! :D

My compounds I shoot at 62# and have for years. Now-a-days bows are so fast that I just don't need the weight like I did back in the 70's & 80's or even the 90's. I don't hunt any animal that requires a heavy arrow either... unless I am using my traditional equipment and then I am right at 10 gpp generally.

My need to redo your poll then for accurate info. Sorry. I completely missed that somehow.

Tiny

Going to the traditional rendezvous this weekend. Going to be looking for a 90 - 100# Longbow while I am there. Hopefully Howard Hill archery will have a booth. Want to try one of those heavy weights in my hands if I can. :)