Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What do you do for a living?

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
I spent the last eight years as an electrician for a local company that also had plumbing, excavating, welding, fab, and machinery moving. A couple months ago I took a maintenance job for a local company that processes coils of metal. There I do a lot of the same things I did at my old job. I am very happy with the switch so far.
My company processes metal for Ford, GM, Tesla, GE, Whirlpool, and various others.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have had many hats over the years lol.

Currently I am a Natural Resource Tech working at the small 181 acre local State park. Being the only person in maintenance at the park keeps me pretty busy for sure. Never been one that liked being cooped up inside all day so this fits me pretty well as I spend my entire day outside doing stuff around the park.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I have had many hats over the years lol.

Currently I am a Natural Resource Tech working at the small 181 acre local State park. Being the only person in maintenance at the park keeps me pretty busy for sure. Never been one that liked being cooped up inside all day so this fits me pretty well as I spend my entire day outside doing stuff around the park.
That job sounds refreshing. I would't mind it at all.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That job sounds refreshing. I would't mind it at all.
They have 3 open positions that includes 1 at the park I'm in. The positions they have open are less pay then my spot and nobody wants to do the work at that pay rate or work the 39hrs a week. They either want more money or they only want to work 2.5 days a week. They have hired 2 people for the spot at my park and one guy decided at the last minute he didn't want to work for whatever reason. The other only wanted to work 2.5 days a week. Now we are back to square one looking for another person to fill it. By the time they get somebody the job window from April-October 31st will be over lol.

I will agree it is refreshing being outside all day. Not only do I see some interesting things at work I get to talk to some interesting people in the park as well.