Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What is your favorite seed spreader?

I am going to order a new utv seed spreader and was looking at the spintech and the swisher spreader. Anyone ever tried these? I know i want to get one that mounts to my hitch. I tried to find some reviews on these 2 on line and couldn't find much.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No experience with the two you described but I've been running one of these TurfEx TS300 spreaders for a couple years and have no complaints. https://www.turfexproducts.com/equi...rs-sprayers/equipment-mounted-spreaders/ts300

I think they're all going to be decent as long as you're not putting it through the rigors of commercial use. But the one thing I'd say is stick with a poly hopper. Metal hoppers, unless stainless, are going to rust out over time if you spread fertilizer and don't clean/oil properly.

No experience with the two you described but I've been running one of these TurfEx TS300 spreaders for a couple years and have no complaints. https://www.turfexproducts.com/equi...rs-sprayers/equipment-mounted-spreaders/ts300

I think they're all going to be decent as long as you're not putting it through the rigors of commercial use. But the one thing I'd say is stick with a poly hopper. Metal hoppers, unless stainless, are going to rust out over time if you spread fertilizer and don't clean/oil properly.

Thats a really nice spreader! im going to do a little reading on those.

The spreader i get needs to be a hitch mount type spreader because ill be putting it on a UTV gator or maverick. Also i have a tractor so i was thinking about just getting a 3 point spreader but i would probably be more efficient with one on the UTV for doing small plots. Any of you guys just use a 3 point hitch one on your tractors or do you prefer the ATV/UTV ones?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The spreader i get needs to be a hitch mount type spreader because ill be putting it on a UTV gator or maverick. Also i have a tractor so i was thinking about just getting a 3 point spreader but i would probably be more efficient with one on the UTV for doing small plots. Any of you guys just use a 3 point hitch one on your tractors or do you prefer the ATV/UTV ones?
They make an adapter kit for most of them so you can mount them to 2" hitch receivers.

Just 1 More

Dude, you can't drop something like his and not tell the story!!!! Ric, really wants too know lol

The imagined story is much better than what really happened.. Had it loaded, going down hill, right tire went up on a stump and it flipped, real slow.. I just stepped off and that was it

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The imagined story is much better than what really happened.. Had it loaded, going down hill, right tire went up on a stump and it flipped, real slow.. I just stepped off and that was it

Yeah, I like what I was thinking better lol...
Glad you didn't get hurt and screw the bike up....

For seed, I prefer a hand spreader as I can regulate the seed better. For fertilizer and lime I have a pull behind that I think I ordered online, but it is basically a TSC or Rural King special. For the hand spreader I bought a solo spreader with the plastic hopper. Before that I just had a standard one with the bag type hopper.