Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Jamie

Ohio
canned squirrel with shallots, garlic, and canned chanterelles over jasmine rice. and a side of southern fried cabbage with bacon ends, shallots, and a splash of cider vinegar. went full hillbilly tonight. :p

hillbilly chic.jpg

Reactions: MoonLab and giles

Jamie

Ohio
yep, and it's made with beer and baked in a cast iron dutch oven! correction, we went super duper full hillbilly tonight. lol...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have it on good word that Thai-billies eat plenty of Jasmine rice. :cool:

HAHA. Thai-billies. LOL. I have a buddy that fits that description. Well, sorta. He's a Phili-billy, but close enough! :ROFLMAO: And you're right, I eat plenty of rice and have been accused of being mildly Asian and hillbilly in my life!

Reactions: giles

Jamie

Ohio
making soup in large quantity (say 3 gallons at a time) and freezing it for later sure is convenient (and something to look forward to). made this two bean soup over a month ago. thawed out a zip bag full and made some "jalepeno" cornbread. actually used frozen Sunset peppers from the garden, and threw in some shredded home smoked cheddar and chopped green onions.

two bean soup has Great Northern and Pinto beans, ham bone stock, bacon ends, cubed ham, and carrots. I think I might have developed a mild case of Stendhal Syndrome after eating this. and a little Tito's to warsh it down. it's hillbilly week at the Millers', lol.

cornbread.JPGdayaaaam.jpg

Reactions: Dustinb80
Uncle ben can kick rocks, jasmine rice is way better than the shit that old man peddles.
Since we are on the subject of thiabillies I made this lemon grass pork that was really good

Attachments

• 20180328_004810.jpg
    20180328_004810.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Reactions: Beentown