Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Which target

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Time for a new target. The current POS will be used for broadheads, the next will be FP's only. Any reviews on the block black? Looking at 18" version, but finding lots of good reviews for the rineharts.

If you need a FP only target do a google search for the Third hand archery Rag bag....Its a empty bag target about 3x3ft that you stuff yourself(old T shirts,cotton stuffing etc)..Cost about 30$ shipped,an the bag has some sort of guarantee...The reviews I have seen are good..One downside is it needs covered when left outside.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I bought The Block a few weeks ago. Got the Elite dialed in yesterday, so I am going to start trying to destroy it very soon. Busy with the kids all day today which left me disappointed about not shooting.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
For fieldpoints I would recommend a good bag-style target, like a Morrell.

If you need a FP only target do a google search for the Third hand archery Rag bag....Its a empty bag target about 3x3ft that you stuff yourself(old T shirts,cotton stuffing etc)..Cost about 30$ shipped,an the bag has some sort of guarantee...The reviews I have seen are good..One downside is it needs covered when left outside.....

These seem to be great targets for field points as well. As a matter of fact, there's a DIY thread on AT about building your own 3'x3' target, by using the Third Hand target faces... only like 20 or 30 bucks for the target faces I think.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Sorry guys, should have said this will stay outside, uncovered. I completely understand about the DIY one's, but that is not at the top of the list right now.

My current targets are the Yellow Jacket combo. The bag is about destroyed and leaves a lot of glue on the arrow, and the broadhead (foam) target is starting to let arrows punch through. The broadhead target has held up decent, but when guys shooting 70lb bows and fatter shafts shoot it, it is a pain to remove arrows.

When did Rinehart climb the qualty ladder? All of my earliest 3D shoot memories were McKenzie's were the chit, and Rineharts weren't worth a darn. Is it different for 3D targets vs the blocks these days?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have the big Morrell outdoor range target and it has held up pretty well. Not something I think I will buy again, but I have got my $100 out of it. Rinehart seems to have made leaps and bounds of late, so it is hard to go wrong there...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Getting the replacement bag from SCOband refilling it is the way to go IMHO. My replacement bag is the same one Jesse has.