Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WV Snow Bird

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
The conditions have made for tough hunting but today went much better than yesterday. Just after daylight around 5 opened up across the hollow from me. They answered every time I called but wouldn't budge. Finally the dominant bird started away from me up and down the hollow. I slipped down the hollow on my side and set up on a big point. I called and he responded. The next time he was closer and the 3rd time he was in the bottom. 30 seconds later he was 30 yards away. This is my first one in the snow...I really don't need to do that again.
IMG_1887.jpg

16#
1" Spurs
9 3/4" Beard

Fletch

Supporting Member
Spencie... Great job on a nice bird and for getting it done in the snow... Hope you had a cushion to sit on against a tree or perhaps you were in a blind.... Congrats...

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Thanks guys. It was a cool hunt in tough conditions. Sometimes the birds do their normal thing and sometimes they don't. As far as a cushion goes, I carry a very heavily padded hot seat to put under my turkey vest seat to give me added comfort. My tight muscles really struggle sitting on the ground.

Reactions: Fletch