Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB 14-16' Aluminum Bost w/ 9.9 & Trailer

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was fortunate enough to come into a little extra cash in addition to my Biden Bucks, so I'm going to stop talking about one of my "wants" and make it happen. I'm over the kayak/canoe game and living 2 miles from a good sized lake, I'd like to get something the whole family can enjoy without blowing a bunch of $ on a "real" boat. My dad has a 14' deep-v with a Johnson 9.9 that's just about right, but I'd probably prefer a mod-v with a platform in the bow so we could handle jugs with catches, or even bow fish a little. Don't need any bells and whistles, just needs to float, run, and pull. Willing to drive up to 100 miles from Marietta to pick it up. Budget is $2K +/- a few hundred depending on the deal. I appreciate any leads you guys might have.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Definitely a sellers market. Have cash, will travel, and am in no rush, so hopefully it'll come together in the next 6-8 weeks. I'm excited about taking the girls out to run jugs on the lake and gig frogs on the little rivers.

Reactions: MoonLab and giles

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Jesse i just took off my 15Hp mercury motor off my big boat. It has very few hours on it. Also has the TR1 gold Garmin autopilot system that goes with it. Looking to probably sell it all.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse i just took off my 15Hp mercury motor off my big boat. It has very few hours on it. Also has the TR1 gold Garmin autopilot system that goes with it. Looking to probably sell it all.
I'd definitely be interested if it weren't for the 9.9 restrictions on our home lake and at AEP, which will be where I use it the majority of the time.

Reactions: Gern186
Going to throw another idea out at you. Have you given any thought to getting a pontoon? I know not as friendly getting into tight areas. Just wondering with the age of your kids that in a few years there may be more of a desire to spend an evening with the family out on the lake. With the whole family that boat will seem small.

Of course if you go down that rabbit hole then you may want to move up to a boat you can tube and ski with as well. Then you really need to buy 2 boats. LOL. This goes back to the thread on tractors and how 1 size doesn't fit all and you really need to own 2 or 3.

Reactions: giles
6987AA20-5985-429A-B1C7-10554C77ECBB.png

Reactions: giles