Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1st pics from new M150

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I just set out my new Moultrie M150 Panoramic cam. Afterwards, I did an update, but forgot to reset the date / time. This cam will take take 3 pics & make into one, if you choose. You'll really be able to see the whole story now. Here's a hen from this morning & a coon from the night. The IRs really light up the night & they are also quite visible, so no low glow. This cam takes 6 C batteries & it's about the size of the Reconyx 500 / 600 cam.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The hen is about 5 yards away, if that. If this were a field without obstruction, the IRs would really light it up at night. On another note, I do believe Moultrie has this nicknamed as the Fat Ass Cam...lol

This pic from another source will give you an idea. Things do look further away than they really are just the same.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Makes up for a slow trigger speed I guess.... Not saying this one has a slow trigger speed but the wide angle would have that advantage I would think....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow, 5 yards. Zooms it OUT doesn't it. Don't know if I'd like to give up the closeness for the width per se'. I find myself just using the video mode and take pics of stills from different frames to get as many angles of what I'm looking for.

I'm not bashing your new camera Kevin as it is pretty neat to have a panoramic view of things. It's Neato!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Speaking of video, I also should mention that this has HD video if you choose, no sound though. The pics here are smaller than what I actually download from the card, so there isn't much not to be pleased about.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Cool! When you get a chance try the video mode and give us your opinion on its quality. Is the video in panoramic TOO?

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No the video is not panoramic. I had tried the video while in the yard & wasn't impressed. The update I did later was suppose to fix that, so we shall see. I'll switch over on my next visit come Monday. I am using 8mp for my pics which is the highest this cam goes.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Field edges would be perfect. I just don' have any. I set my cam in video mode this morning. In the meantime, here's a few more pics .....

Remember, this cam takes a number of pics to make a panoramic view. It could be two, or three as you can tell. If your target is moving, you'll get double views, depending where it is when the pics are firing away. I've always said two of me are better than one.....

... can say the same about deer TOO....

Now this is what it's all about. How many times has your cam pic left you wondering if mr big was following a hot doe ? It's hard to tell when these pics are downloaded to PB, but there's a deer hanging back to the far left.

I have gotten quite a few false pics of nothing, that I could at least tell. I've used my cams in video mode for the last number of years which I still will, but this certainly adds another exciting dimension, as long as it holds up.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok, here's my last comments on this cam. I had it set on HD video in 10 sec mode overnight & I couldn't wait any longer. I'm not sue if I like 'em or not.

It had no problems catching this runner , but I now think the IRs scared it.

You really have to appreciate that it will start recording from whichever direction they come from.

Last edited: