Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Buckeye Football Thread

Jamie

Ohio
wise choice for him. Transferring like that worked out pretty well for Russell Wilson. Joe Burrow could be an NFL caliber quarterback with proper coaching and a chance to play. Haskins is the real deal. He's no J.T. Barret, but he's pretty good. :LOL:

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Yeah I heard. I was hoping Joe would start. Let's get it done, Harkin.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Good for Joe! I will be a Tigers fan for the next 2 years now! Local boy finally gonna get a chance on the big stage. I hope he makes Myers and the Buckeyes regret not giving him the starting spot...

Reactions: finelyshedded

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Screenshot_20180524-131917.png

Reactions: twireman

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I am very disappointed that Burrows transferred. I sure as hell don’t blame him, and I wish him well. I foresee him proving himself as a pro style QB at LSU. I hope he makes a name for his self and ends up a top 10 draft pick in 2 years! Lol

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I just heard Burrows is on a top 10 list of Heisman candidates, 😂

Leave it to Urb to not recognize QB talent while everyone else does!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Exactly Ric, you and I are on the same page with this. I would have much rather seen him playing for the Bucks but I am a big fan of this local boy that deserves a chance and I hope it all goes as he planned it!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Oh boohoo cry me a river. Over the last few months Bama has lost 14 of the number one 2015 recruiting class. 10 to transfers and 4 to the draft. Of the 10 transfers there were two 5 stars, six 4 star, and two three star recruits. In addition to that they have an unsettled QB position and lost both the defensive and offensive coordinators.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. But the proof is in the pudding and this isn't anywhere they haven't been before. There's no denying the Sabin program works year after year. This was the first in 7 years that Bama did take the #1 recruiting class landing at #6. And let's not forget the entire 2nd half of the championship game had 6 freshmen on offense to include the QB. 6 freshmen that I might add made a hell of a comeback in only a half against a veteran Georgia senior packed defense. Depth is where its at. Fact is Bamas third string freshmen are better than most teams first string seniors, and that has been taken to the bank season after season.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Joe, you’ve missed my point entirely. The reason I’m very down on UM because of this transfer is because JB is probably the best most prostyle type QB this program has had EVER and he never got a chance! The last 2 spring games his stats were better than any other QB that played and still never got rewarded for his efforts or a fair shot to START for the Buckeyes. Plus he’s a local boy like Aaron said.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Could you all just missing something that UM sees that you haven’t? The guys a great head coach and I think I’ll trust his judgment on it...

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Could you all just missing something that UM sees that you haven’t? The guys a great head coach and I think I’ll trust his judgment on it...
Exactly. Why would you guys want Urban to trot out a pro style QB when he doesnt run a pro style offense? Truth be told, I couldnt care less if Urbans plane crashed tomorrow, but he's 1 of the greatest college coaches ever. He'll play whoever he can trust to run his offense the best. Burrow should never have went to play for him, it was stupid

Reactions: bowhunter1023

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Exactly. Why would you guys want Urban to trot out a pro style QB when he doesnt run a pro style offense? Truth be told, I couldnt care less if Urbans plane crashed tomorrow, but he's 1 of the greatest college coaches ever. He'll play whoever he can trust to run his offense the best. Burrow should never have went to play for him, it was stupid

WTF Not go play for the school you dreamed you'd play for and get recruited and offered a full ride? Maybe I missed something Red but I think you don't know all the details behind JB and OSU/Meyers. Either way like Ric said I think you all missed our point of wanting to see a local boy get an opportunity. I still love my Bucks but for the next 2 seasons I'll be putting all my attention to Burrows at LSU!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Joe, you’ve missed my point entirely. The reason I’m very down on UM because of this transfer is because JB is probably the best most prostyle type QB this program has had EVER and he never got a chance! The last 2 spring games his stats were better than any other QB that played and still never got rewarded for his efforts or a fair shot to START for the Buckeyes. Plus he’s a local boy like Aaron said.

Oh no I understand completely buddy. well not every five star will turn out to be a superstar it is always difficult to watch real talent transfer away. Sometimes you just have to trust your coaching staff to see the bigger picture. There were many times last season where a star player on Alabama's offense or defense would get hurt the second or even third string would step in. I would sit back on the couch and say where has this motherfucker been all season this dude is a beast. But sometimes your best player is not always your starter, seasons are long they only get harder as you go, and players are prone to injury. Maybe your starter is just your "good enough" guy and your real juggernaut is in the background waiting for him to get hurt or get made a fool of. You have to trust your coaching staff do understand their availability of depth and to know when to pull the plug. Such as what happened against Georgia in the national championship game at Halftime when the Star Quarterback was told to sit his ass down and a freshman was put in. Now anybody that has ever watched that freshman knew that he was a way better quarterback than Jalen. But to your point it seems like Urban is rather pig-headed in those situations and often does not make the call to sit someone when he should.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
PS. Fuck LSU. The only, and I mean THE ONLY reason I want them to succeed is coach Ed Orgeron. Talk about an American success story of an individual who has clawed his way out of poverty to live his childhood dream of coaching LSU football and genuinely cares about his players and staff. The best thing LSU ever did was fire that shitbag Les Miles. Oh and I guess stomp the shit out of Jim Tressels Buckeyes 38-24 in the 2008 BCS championship game. Can't forget that.

Jamie

Ohio
ten transfers is a little disconcerting. seems like a lot.
if Joe Burrow wins that Heisman trophy, I'll eat my favorite hunting hat.