Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Veterans Turkey Hunt in Kentucky

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
There is a guy that I have been participating in Veterans hunts with for about 5 years now. We roomed together on my first year at the Lima hunt and have roomed together every year since then. His name is Jake and is pretty much wheel chair bound.He is a solid guy. He got a hold of me about a month or so ago and asked if I would like to go on a Turkey hunt with him in Kentucky this year. Hell yes I want to go. All expenses are paid, license, tags, food, everything except the gas to get there. Jake is going to be picking me up Friday morning around 8. Its about a 4 hour trip down to Miracle KY, just southwest of Corbin. Its called Hopes and Dreams Outfitters. I checked out their website and it isn't much, but Jake loves going down there. I'm not sure of the agenda just yet but I will try and update this as things progress. From what Jake is telling me this could also lead to deer hunting opportunities as well. I have my packing list all ready and Ill start getting things together tonight. I just need to pick up some extra shells and I should be good to go. Ive checked the weather quite a few times and its looking real nice for this Saturday. Wish me luck, if I shoot one, it will be my first turkey.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Man . Sounds fun. Hope you have good times and kill a bird . The great thing about turkey is it's easy to have a good hunt , and not kill a bird

Reactions: Dustinb80

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Thanks. The tag is good for 2 birds if I'm not mistaken. I'm going to try and not let their money go to waste. ;)

Fletch

Supporting Member
Dustin... First off THANKS for being there for the vets... Without them we wouldn't have what we have... Good Luck, have fun, have a safe and enjoyable trip...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Have fun, and I hope you kill one or two! Remember, if there's turkeys in the field at dark, bark like a dog[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]