Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019’ shed season has started

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
One of mine today stunk to high heaven, very fresh. The others had been there a while.
That’s something I’ve noticed that has no rhyme or reason to it?!? I’ve picked up fresh and old that stink like hell and I’ve picked up bloody fresh or several years old ones that don’t smell like anything?!?! Weird🤷🏻‍♂️

LonewolfNopack

The woods
That’s something I’ve noticed that has no rhyme or reason to it?!? I’ve picked up fresh and old that stink like hell and I’ve picked up bloody fresh or several years old ones that don’t smell like anything?!?! Weird🤷🏻‍♂️

It's been my experience that the ones that stink that are not fresh come from being wet and waterlogged overtime. Sit them in front of a dehumidifier for a couple days and see if that does the trick to make them smell better.

Reactions: finelyshedded

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice finds Ric and Seth. Great rubs too Sgt Fury.

Took a walk today. Short walk. Pulled camera. Low deer density area. Generally only holds dinks unless the rut is on. Never found a shed there. Looks like plenty of downed Ash trees for firewood is to be had though.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's been my experience that the ones that stink that are not fresh come from being wet and waterlogged overtime. Sit them in front of a dehumidifier for a couple days and see if that does the trick to make them smell better.

I’ve seen cases though of fresh roadkills and kills in general where a deers antler smells rank. Deer looked alright other than just being dead. Lol

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Looks like I might have to lace up my boots and get out for a walk soon...

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Ric... I truly hope your able to join us... Your going will make the trip worth while even if we don't find a shed... Hey Chad wants us to bring him back some cookies from Casey's..... :LOL::LOL:
A4C6DC55-2325-4AC7-BB79-BF696B86776B.jpeg