Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Who was it that was dealing with a bad case of pink eye???? Just saw that is one of the new indicators. I can’t remember who it was but know they were having a hard time getting it to clear up...

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
One of the more positive takeaways I got out the Ohio Governor's daily coronavirus press briefing is getting federal approval for 'Battelle ('https://www.battelle.org/homepage an Ohio company) to provide machines that sterilize used PPEs (more specifically, face masks), which the state officials believe will be a huge help to maintain the supply needed for state front line healthcare workers. From what was stated, they hope to get a FDA decision by EOD.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ohio FINALLY has a good data dashboard for looking at cases and deaths.
https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home/dashboard

Here is a Screenshot by age

1585340619497.png

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
With all the hospitalizations on the older (50+) age brackets, do they break it down if there were underlying conditions too make the prognosis that much worse?
Have they gone as far as breaking that down yet? Or are they holding off on that info until later?

twireman

Kingston, OH
One of the more positive takeaways I got out the Ohio Governor's daily coronavirus press briefing is getting federal approval for 'Battelle ('https://www.battelle.org/homepage an Ohio company) to provide machines that sterilize used PPEs (more specifically, face masks), which the state officials believe will be a huge help to maintain the supply needed for state front line healthcare workers. From what was stated, they hope to get a FDA decision by EOD.

All the N95’s we wore yesterday were sent to Batelle to be reprocessed.

twireman

Kingston, OH
With all the hospitalizations on the older (50+) age brackets, do they break it down if there were underlying conditions too make the prognosis that much worse?
Have they gone as far as breaking that down yet? Or are they holding off on that info until later?

I would also like to know if African Americans are being affected more due to the higher risk factors of diabetes and high blood pressure especially in say Detroit and NYC...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Exactly, but how long before they even look at that information? Seems these days people can’t see past their noses....

Exactly. The fact that we are 18 days post the first case in Ohio and just now have a simple dashboard for age, sex, and county should tell us all we need to know about how far behind the curve they are with information.

Realistically though this is a good start. The hospitalization data is really what I've been after. Test data is largely useless. There arent enough test, and as testing capacity increases so will be number of existing discovered cases. So we can't really look at test data do gauge if infections are rising. But if we look at hospitalizations we can, it's just 5-14 days past infection.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
GM needs to positive brand presence right now. I personally love seeing industry gear up to do things they don't normally do. It's highlighting American ingenuity and resilience. Political pundits can say what they will about the President ordering private enterprise to do certain things, but this is a "certain thing" that's necessary and GM is going to benefit from the retooling in the long run.