Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Along the same lines, I saw tonight on Tucker that 3M’s distributors are selling to foreign countries at a much inflated rate and not selling to FL... they claim these foreigners are paying cash for the n95 masks so there is none available for us...

They better be careful. This country is known to start a civil war over people selling to a foreign country because they're willing to pay more. And that was only cotton. 😅

In all seriousness though. That's fucked up. Such is the ugly side of capitalism I guess.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
"Never waste a crisis." This is the ugly side. The amazing side can be seen at Origin USA. It's the veteran owned clothing manufacturer that a few of you shit on for having $100+ jeans. What they've done since least Monday is nothing short of incredible. Check out their Instagram to follow the story of how they retooled, then ramped up production of face masks in a few business days. There are companies all around us pivoting in ways that'll make you proud of capitalism and good old fashioned American ingenuity.

Blan37

SW Ohio
CDC to advise ALL Americans to WEAR masks whenever they are outside.

Oh but wait! Amonth ago they were telling us that masks were worthless. The US Surgeon General blasted everyone on Twitter telling them to stop buying masks because they don't work and healthcare workers need them. Now that the healthcare industry has sucked up every available supply channel the government wants you to make your own and wear them. I wonder if these virtue signaling companies like harbor freight who pulled their entire stock for medical donations will reverse their decision and allow citizens access to needed medical supplies.

i always knew it was a load of bullshit and the only reason they embarked on the "masks don't work" misinformation campaign was to allow them time to suck up supply to help coverup how unprepared they were.

its a travesty either way. Out frontline healthcare worked shouldn't be faced with the risk and hardship of not having what they need. But neither should our citizens, and we damn well shouldn't be engaging in misinformation to fuck one so as to provide for the other.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...R-masks-outside-Trump-says-NOT-mandatory.html

If they could just have said, "Yes, masks work, and the people most at risk need them desperately, so please consider donating extra masks that you may have on hand" I'd bet tomorrow morning they'd be swimming in them. Lie to people like that and you'll see people squirrel away every mask they can get their hands on. Honesty can be an amazingly effective tool.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Check your accounts boys! My stimulus money showed up in my account this morning.
6F78925E-A485-4055-8DFA-8851038C17B1.jpeg

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
CDC to advise ALL Americans to WEAR masks whenever they are outside.

Oh but wait! Amonth ago they were telling us that masks were worthless. The US Surgeon General blasted everyone on Twitter telling them to stop buying masks because they don't work and healthcare workers need them. Now that the healthcare industry has sucked up every available supply channel the government wants you to make your own and wear them. I wonder if these virtue signaling companies like harbor freight who pulled their entire stock for medical donations will reverse their decision and allow citizens access to needed medical supplies.

i always knew it was a load of bullshit and the only reason they embarked on the "masks don't work" misinformation campaign was to allow them time to suck up supply to help coverup how unprepared they were.

its a travesty either way. Out frontline healthcare worked shouldn't be faced with the risk and hardship of not having what they need. But neither should our citizens, and we damn well shouldn't be engaging in misinformation to fuck one so as to provide for the other.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...R-masks-outside-Trump-says-NOT-mandatory.html

Trump hasn't ordered any ventilators from GM, despite saying he was using wartime powers to force production - is this a fact Joe

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I'm not a big follower of FOX's Ingraham nor any other mainstream news outlet, but this coverage or non coverage on hydroxychloroquine is something that you have to ask yourself, why is the MSN discrediting it or burying it in late night news?

Anyways,,,

Here's last night's Ingraham show where she interviewed a couple of American doctors that are treating their patients currently with the drug cocktails or combination of drugs with hydroxychloroquine and/or chloroguine, which I believe their message needs to get out to the masses.

This is the whole show, however it's towards the end of the show where the interviews of the doctors take place.

If I or any of my family was to comedown with this coronavirus 19, I would demand that the doctor treat with the hydroxychloroquine, Zpak & zinc tablets immediately!

Reactions: Tipmoose

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Coronavirus job losses could hit 47M, unemployment rate may surge to 32%, St. Louis Fed says. That would exceed the 24.9 percent peak during the Great Depression.