Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Rut Report. What County? Conditions?

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Good morning! As I have in past few years I’m starting my annual thread for the Rut Report. Where are you and what are you seeing? Good luck and thanks for posting.

Athens County. Haven’t hunted yet, football is over for us this week and I’ll be heading out. Seeing more “dead- no heads” on 33 between Columbus and Athens.

Reactions: Sgt Fury and Cogz

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Grunting, nose to ground, and some bumping tonight in northern Huron county. Couldn't make out rack just a big bodied buck between 50-80yrds. They would stand while she browed for a few minutes then he nudge her.

Buckmaster

Portage
Nothing but smalls on my cameras thus I have not made it out yet this year in Ohio. I’ve done 3 weeks in PA so far. Deer over acorns. I’m pursuing bear again this weekend. Next weekend Ohio Deer Camp begins.

1571962901980.png

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think there are some early does in my area. Either this or it is starting a little early. Had a couple bucks bumping the does around last night. Not year and half old bucks who don't know what's up. 2-3yr old bucks who have played this game before. Camera activity not bringing any new big boys to the area yet.

Outside

Nothing to speak of. A few scrapes in local parks. Not seeing a lot of deer along the road yet. Two weeks maybe?

Snyder10

I grunted in my first bow kill October 5th, actually two grunts and two bucks ran right to me. Another guy had the exact same scenario happen the night before. In terms of rut, Im not experienced enough to know if this was total coincidence or not, but thought it was interesting and rewarding.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Nighthawk

Pickaway
I did some recon yesterday evening from the truck bed. Watched 10 does feed undisturbed until dark. There was one small 8 in the field for the first hour and paid no attention to the does. I have seen two different decent bucks driving to work the past couple mornings but I think that is just because the corn is off.