Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 scouting

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
What's everyone seeing so far? On my place in Washington county they are just now starting to split up. Winter had lots of Toms using our place regular but not much for the last couple weeks. Yesterday there was one Tom with 7 hens roosted on us and they headed to our field right after flydown. That was the only turkeys I heard. This morning was a better morning but I heard nothing anywhere. Which really surprised me.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I was only able to get out for a couple minutes this morning because as soon as they started gobbling I got a text asking if I could watch a sick granddaughter. Papaw loves his Addie time even when she is not feeling well. I heard one or 2 across the road from the gate, a couple gobbling near the back of us and one just off our west field. I was able to grab a card from the other field. The bird that seems to rule the roost was there Thursday evening, Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings with his ladies. I think it was him headed to the west field as I was walking back to truck. I will be back out tomorrow morning listening.

Reactions: cspot and Sgt Fury

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We never had any turkeys in our area until the past 5 years or so,they are multiplying and fun to see them around.
This was at my buddy Dave's parents farm over the weekend.
The one bird has a real nice rope on him.

Attachments

• 336203-1-1.jpg
    336203-1-1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 336395-1-1.jpg
    336395-1-1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 282

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I'm hoping these cold temps are keeping them from being vocal. I only heard the dominant bird on the roost. He was fired up for about 20 minutes on the ground. I heard another gobble at 7:15. A hen flew across the road at the driveway as I was leaving.

Reactions: Boarhead