Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2020 doves

Bowkills

Nw oh
image.jpeg
Well I talked to the farm hand for about an hr before getting set up this am. Couple nice flocks flying around as we talked. He said I'd have a few hrs before they'd start working in the field I was in. Shot one. A few pass out of range and the main farmer pulls into the field with truck and skid loader. So hunt over until tonight. Dairys are taking corn off in the last few days should be fun! Hunting is upon us!

Bowkills

Nw oh
image.jpeg
I went through a box of shells only managed 7. The wind tonight had me just guessing. it was some fast sad shooting. I did hit 2 on the third shot somehow which isn't a great thing but I'll take it. He went through a barrel of bbs in the red rider and came up short. He Pinged the decoys about a hundred times . Shorts and flip flops was nice no bugs. I'm into it. Great to get out there. A lot more to come.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Pretty mediocre opening first couple of days for me. The public fields looked great but the doves just weren't there in large numbers. The hunters sure were though. lol

Kind of the same for Brock and I in the public field this year. The doves just weren't there in numbers like years past. Only about 1/4 of the sunflowers had seeded heads on them but there was still plenty there for doves.

Bigcountry40

Later afternoon doves are looking for roosting spots, but I put out my decoy mojos any way, did not work well to say the least.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Had the chance to kill 2 dove but couldn’t get the shot. Will go back out next time.

Bigcountry40

set up the mojo decoys last night right at dark for this morning, due to corn field positioning we were facing dead east with the decoys and did not think the sun would be that big of a factor. I couldnt see shit and should of killed my limit by 8:30, kill deer were thick and the sun was bad I couldnt pick up the doves until they were right on top of me. After fighting the sun for hour and half we reset up the decoys and and killed 7.