Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Muzzleloader Season

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Who's going; let's see your muzzleloader that you intend on using, and what county or counties do you plan on hunting?

I wanted to kick things off since it's weighing heavy on my mind this evening.

Tomorrow, I intend to start setting everything up at the property that I'll be hunting this coming weekend, which it's supposed to rain this Thursday & Friday. I'll also be checking my muzzleloader at my range as well tomorrow, just to confirm everything is copasetic and good to go since the weather supposed to be decent.

I'll most definitely be out for sure for the opener, to hopefully fill my last 2020/21 deer season tag with my gifted 30 year old 50cal Kinght inline muzzleloader that I recently converted myself back in the summer of 2019, which was to the 209 ignitions system utilizing 100gr of the 209 Blackhorn propellant powder along with the 50cal 290gr Barnes Spite-Fire TMZ copper polymer tip boat-tail sabot, and will be hunting out of my pop-up ground blind within Fairfield Co.

20200107_101128.jpg

If I am successful, it will be my second ever deer muzzy harvest. I am really looking forward to it to say the least.

So, what about the rest of you, and please, after you become successful, show off your accomplishment and share it with all of us, thanks!

Finally, to all of those that will be out hunting - I wish you the best of luck, have fun and please be safe!

Jal5

I’ll be in Jefferson using my 50 cal HR/NEF inline ML. Lots of deer tracks out in front of my tpee blind. Maybe this season will finally be lucky for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wildlife

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm hoping to wrap this season up.
Savage ML-II with accutrigger
43 gns IMR 4759 smokeless pistol power
250 gn Hornady .452 XTP, MMP black sabots
I've killed many deer with this setup and the farthest was 265 yards.
Best of luck to everyone.
IMG_20201230_033356435.jpg
IMG_20201230_033236057~3.jpg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
For some reason I thought the season was the following weekend. I can only go Monday morning and maybe Tuesday afternoon. I have no target bucks so it would just be an observation hunt.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
ill be out wish the weather was gonna be better, ill be sitting on the edge of a big corn field in the evenings and prolly in a thicket in the morning where they are coming back to bed. had some really good bucks show up the last few weeks when it was cold but nothing consistent.

Good luck! Hope you bag one of those good bucks!

If you don't mind, what kind of ML you shootin? I've been enjoying seeing what everyone has or intends on using. Honestly, since I am a novias ML hunter, I am also learning still. I am totally into this style of hunting now and am thinking of pursuing other ML's in the future. This thread should hopefully offer up some good ideas for me, that is why I begged the question in the original thread, thanks!

Reactions: Mike

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Good luck! Hope you bag one of those good bucks!

If you don't mind, what kind of ML you shootin? I've been enjoying seeing what everyone has or intends on using. Honestly, since I am a novias ML hunter, I am also learning still. I am totally into this style of hunting now and am thinking of pursuing other ML's in the future. This thread should hopefully offer up some good ideas for me, that is why I begged the question in the original thread, thanks!

ill be taking the encore since i still have my buck tag, i use to carry it all gun week until the rifles became popular. ive shot alot of deer with it. if i didnt have a buck tag i would carry the old hawkens or the knight with no scope on it.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
ill be taking the encore since i still have my buck tag, i use to carry it all gun week until the rifles became popular. ive shot alot of deer with it. if i didnt have a buck tag i would carry the old hawkens or the knight with no scope on it.

Nice, and thanks for sharing! Would love to see pics of all your MLs! Perhaps if, or when you become successful, you'll include your weapon of choice in your harvest photograph, but regardless, I truly hope you get yourself what you're hoping for. Good Luck to ya!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I’ll be taking a buddy of mine out for his first hunt. He’ll be using my CVA Wolf, 80 grains of Buckhorn pushing a 290 gr Barnes. We’ll be hunting Jackson county, I’m just along for the ride hoping to get him his first deer

That's awesome Isaac! Good luck to your buddy and to the both of you, have a blast!

I'm heading out now to setup my blind. I'll be back later, hoping to see more great posts such as yours, thanks!

Reactions: Isaacorps