Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2022 Out of state lottery

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Just entered the 2022 Maine moose lottery.

10% of tags are for nonresidents.
$15 per entry and you can pay for quite a few but you get a bonus point (entry) for every year you enter.

They have a subpermittee as well so both can carry a gun.

Significantly more affordable than an AK version.

Those are midget moose...

1643652134831.png

And mooser's............

Johnny44

I have not done it before. The guide I used on my bear hunt is simple, no frills, reasonably priced and has really good success on moose (15/16 last year alone) That's who i would use.
Can you post or PM that info for the guide? I would not be opposed to building up points to then use when my son is of age if that is how it works. Do you have to use the tag if you get drawn or can you build up points?

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Can you post or PM that info for the guide? I would not be opposed to building up points to then use when my son is of age if that is how it works. Do you have to use the tag if you get drawn or can you build up points?
What i just sent someone else. You can also look up my posts from it on my 2021 season thread.

I used Allagash Adventures.

He (Wayne) was reasonably priced and we were 4/8 with one guy passing on a small bear. Simple furnishings in the cabins, good simple family style food (and a lot of it).

He's a smaller outfitter but been guiding for others for years. Could be considered redneck in some circles but a good guy. He worked hard for us.

My only complaint would be that he doesn't run cameras because he doesn't want guys to feel slighted about who got a bigger bear at their site. Due to that, the bear that shows up is yours and it might be a 120# (like mine) or the 175# average, or a monster.

I enjoyed it and my treestand was 3 miles from the Canadian border, it was an 18 hr drive each way.

Hope that helps,

Reactions: HE>I and Sgt Fury

Johnny44

What i just sent someone else. You can also look up my posts from it on my 2021 season thread.

I used Allagash Adventures.

He (Wayne) was reasonably priced and we were 4/8 with one guy passing on a small bear. Simple furnishings in the cabins, good simple family style food (and a lot of it).

He's a smaller outfitter but been guiding for others for years. Could be considered redneck in some circles but a good guy. He worked hard for us.

My only complaint would be that he doesn't run cameras because he doesn't want guys to feel slighted about who got a bigger bear at their site. Due to that, the bear that shows up is yours and it might be a 120# (like mine) or the 175# average, or a monster.

I enjoyed it and my treestand was 3 miles from the Canadian border, it was an 18 hr drive each way.

Hope that helps,
THank you!! Can you stockpile the points to use in the future or do you have to use the tag when you are drawn?