Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

3-12 cam check

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The bucks must like their antlers more then me since they are still holding on to them. Maybe next weekend I will be able to find a few of the big boys sheds. So far I only have 1-2 shed bucks showing up on cam. I also found one of the does that is pregnant and looks as she is carrying twins. She is really showing right now that's for sure.

[video=youtube;HCccvk6qeWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCccvk6qeWU&list=UUupWLBS53K9R-N7e9kCsO8Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
They look healthy and should drop those antlers anytime now and start growing new ones. I like the walking doe at the end. Thanks for posting.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
A guy a t work today told me he caught a 20 second video last week of 2 bucks fighting. not just sparing or tickling antlers, absolutely THROWING DOWN!!!

The weirdness continues. Hunting season was a bit dissapointing and now in march they want to act like its november.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ted Nugent predicted something about how the changes in the deer herds was going to screw up the rut to the point they were breeding all year. I don't have the exact quote. Sure makes you wonder. Seems I have heard lots of stories of guys seeing bucks fighting it out late this year. Mild winter could possibly have some third or fourth rut stuff going on. lol

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Ted Nugent predicted something about how the changes in the deer herds was going to screw up the rut to the point they were breeding all year. I don't have the exact quote. Sure makes you wonder. Seems I have heard lots of stories of guys seeing bucks fighting it out late this year. Mild winter could possibly have some third or fourth rut stuff going on. lol

I know I have seen some very fresh rubs while walking the property. Something strange is going on out there that's for sure. Had bucks pushing each other all over the place 2 weeks ago.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana

I don't think I'd take any of nugents predictions to seriously...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't think I'd take any of nugents predictions to seriously...

I can't argue this. If he said it, he was probably regurgitating what someone else told him. He is a rocker with a ton of money, a big opinionated mouth, and a passion for shooting animals inside fences. Not meaning this in a disrespectful way. He is an intelligent guy. I just don't think I would consider him a wildlife biologist or expert. More like he has the money to pay people to grow him animals to hunt. Good for him if he enjoys it.

Like Adam said though, seeing bucks pushing each other around this late is a bit odd. My hunting buddy saw something similar in the last couple weeks up here.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Couple of the other bucks and the prego doe that looks like she is having twins.

[video=youtube;F7KyoR-_Jeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7KyoR-_Jeg&list=UUupWLBS53K9R-N7e9kCsO8Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
One way I look at it is if the bucks are running together at a regular basis then they were just playing or trying to see if they still got it... If there was breeding going on they wouldn't be grouped up together.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice videos Adam! They are still holding them on down here too! The bucks are waiting for greenup to get here before dropping them!:smiley_depressive: