Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

3/26 cam check

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I think this buck looks sick and about to die. (Click the pic for a short clip)

Here is the yote again at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He just looked a little thin to me. IDK lol. The next slide showed him walking away and he was almost stiff jointed. Just looked a little odd to me.

He looks fine to me. If he were sick or injured, I highly doubt he'd still be carrying both antlers. Pretty much all of the deer look shitty and skinny this time of year.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He looks fine to me. If he were sick or injured, I highly doubt he'd still be carrying both antlers. Pretty much all of the deer look shitty and skinny this time of year.

I was thinking the same thing Adam. I actually put a cam back out late last week hoping to have some indication if the bucks are still carrying in my area.

Funny Huck! Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

that is what I was thinking as well. I am far from a biologist though.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I was just looking at it as, Why is he so thin ? It's not been a harsh winter and plenty of food available to him.

Might have just been because it is in that black and white. I found him on my other cam during daylight and he looks better here.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What's he got going on between his shoulder blades? I wish these dang bucks wouldn't shed so late or this fuggin greenup wouldn't come so danged early. I'll never find em! Dang!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
What's he got going on between his shoulder blades? I wish these dang bucks wouldn't shed so late or this fuggin greenup wouldn't come so danged early. I'll never find em! Dang!

Not sure what the white patches are to be honest. I can only think it was from shedding his winter coat and maybe catching it going under a fence