Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

a couple rubs

Jamie

Ohio
I was taking down all of my stands yesterday and decided pics of these. this is the biggest rub I've ever seen. that is an 11-12" silver maple. this one showed up right after muzzleloader season.
IMG_2073.jpg

this one showed up about 15 yards from one of my stands about one week after I put it up in the first week of November.

IMG_2075.jpg

that is a 10" silver maple. I saw the deer that presumably made these rubs twice, and he is the biggest whitetail buck I've ever had in bow range. probably the biggest one I've ever seen while hunting. the second time I saw him I grunted him in to 15 yards but the only shot offered was at his ass. a close call and a big thrill. I have every reason to believe he is not dead. I'll be in better position at the right time next year when he is moving some in the daylight. hopefully, we cross paths again. I'll look hard and often for his sheds, but likely they will be on the adjacent property where he is likely spending most of his time.

Attachments

• IMG_2073.jpg
    IMG_2073.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 176

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Damn Jamie! So cool you had that close of an encounter with a deer of that caliber! Hope you’re able to get a shot next time👍🏻

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
From the size of the ribs, I’d say you have something special to look forward to next season. That’s good shit!

Reactions: Jamie