Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another Jerky question...

Smawgunner

Athens
The ground venison I have was mixed with some fat so it doesn't fall apart on the grill.....I *think*. Can I still use this in the dehydrator? I've got a jerky gun and I'm new on the dehydrator scene.
Thanks!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
You sure can, you will just have to keep tweaking it time and temp wise. I like the ease of ground and the gun but each batch seems to differ on how it drys out. I used to do it in the garage but I reduced the environmental variable by keeping it in the house where temp and humidity are stable.

Good luck and enjoy!

Reactions: Smawgunner

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You sure can, you will just have to keep tweaking it time and temp wise. I like the ease of ground and the gun but each batch seems to differ on how it drys out. I used to do it in the garage but I reduced the environmental variable by keeping it in the house where temp and humidity are stable.

Good luck and enjoy!

The only problem I've found doing it inside is by the time its finished I'm sick of smelling it. Especially if I set it before bed and turn it off in the morning. Something about smelling it all night makes me sick of it.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
The only problem I've found doing it inside is by the time its finished I'm sick of smelling it. Especially if I set it before bed and turn it off in the morning. Something about smelling it all night makes me sick of it.
BC5F0541-0D3B-45E1-8CAD-507CB80E500C.jpeg